Xcode Error When Using Simulator For Screenshots

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Kanishk Sachdeva, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

I wanted to take screenshots for my game for which I have been trying to run my game on Xcode Simulator but I keep getting so many errors when running on Xcode 10.2.1 ( 100 errors , all of them have the same heading undefined symbol ) . The game is working perfectly fine on my iPhone but it is not being compiled and running for simulator because of errors.
    Attaching some screenshots with some of the errors as reference for the errors that I am getting.
    Also when trying to run it on Xcode 10 simulator it keeps giving me a single error saying linker command failed.
    Can someone suggest me an alternate way to take screenshots or how to solve this problem.

Attached Files:

2. Startech

Startech Boxer

I'm having the same issue, wish we could get a response on this

3. Startech

Startech Boxer

@NikRudenko @TreySmith
    I know it’s a bit of a technical issue but I can’t find an answer to the problem on any forum anywhere, stackoverflow, etc. and no one has answered the question here.
    This happens even on a vanilla export from BB3 before I’ve even added my AdMob SDK, I’ve been able to build directly to my test device so I haven’t worried about the errors on the sims, but now my game is complete and it’s time to archive and submit for review but I can’t archive it with these issues. Please a response would be amazing because I’m at rock bottom for a solution and I don’t want to have to start another project until I know this one is done.

4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there guys! So there is a technical issue with simulators in xcode requiring additional libraries that current Buildbox 3 exports do not because they would bloat the exports on actual devices. We're working on an option to allow Simulator exports to work but will not bloat the games on actual iOS devices which work fine and more efficiently currently.

As soon as we have a fix/option we will let you know, in the meantime testing on devices is best practice. Sorry for any confusion!

5. Startech

Startech Boxer

Hey @Sean Buildbox thanks for responding, the trouble is that I’m no longer trying to test, I need to archive my finished app so that it can be reviewed by Apple, it won’t accept the archive with these errors, if there’s anyway you could explain more on what the specific libraries are and how I could manually add them to my project in Xcode I would really appreciate, been planning on launching this app in July for a while now and it’s be a big bummer if we have to push it back and just wait for an export update

6. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

To be clear the the simulators require x86_64 arch libs to be present. However, we at the moment only supply ARM. But this shouldn't be stopping any submissions. Others are not being stopped for this reason, so the additional libs should not be necessary

7. Startech

Startech Boxer

When I follow the instructions on App Store connect for uploading my Xcode project I go to Project > Archive and then it fails and flags the 100 errors as the reason

8. MarcL

MarcL Boxer

For me it worked if I change the valid architecture in the build settings to armv7s and armv7