Why I've Decided To Stop Using Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by doylepat, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Cornerbox

Cornerbox Boxer

I've got alot of crashes to. Sometimes totally random.. Now I am saving every minute so I wont lose hours of hard work. It is still really annoying, I get you.
    But... I keep hoping it will be better some day :)

2. MattGamer

MattGamer Boxer

I use this for automatic saving and version control (not just for Buildbox) and its great and has saved me from hours lost a few times. https://toolforcesoftware.com/foreversave/
    I have tried a few alternatives before coming to BB and this is the best for me.

3. NinjaInParis

NinjaInParis Boxer

I'm on a trial and it keeps crashing... Love it! but I am questioning if I should lock-in on a monthly plan if this keeps happening..
    I master something only to loose it (if I forget to save) sometimes I forget to save because I'm excited to view and press the preview lol
    then it crashes...

4. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Crashing is the main issue for me in 2.2.8 :(
    I'm on Win10. All the time I'm playing around with scenes inside one of my worlds and I move back to Mind Map, it gives crash so I save every time before I'm navigating back to Mind Map. My workflow is Save (as new file) > Crash > Restart BB
    And I'm not using Copy/Paste because of often crashing too.
    Does it happen so often on MacOS too?

NinjaInParis likes this.
  5. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Basicly, most of us are waiting for buildlbox 2.2.9, so we all on break here :rolleyes: