Why do I feel like a paying beta tester?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by INKY, Jun 23, 2016.

1. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Just updated to (edit) BB2.2.0 or whatever....opened a file...hit play preview and it crashes...I have pretty much spent a month...my first paying month....either sending crash files to BB or not using it otherwise because...it keeps crashing...Im sorry but after leaving Game Salad and deciding to pay $100 a month and commenting to a year to do so...I really expected this software to be at least able to run for more than 10 minutes...BB1.36 demo worked perfect and this new BB2 has ruined my expectations....ya'll need to get this fixed we paying customers are not suppose to be beta testers...Thats how GS works...You boast a higher standard...please make it happen.

Im going to completely wipe my Mac...as I can only assume this CONSTANT crashing version after version must be on my end. Im going to start from scratch....no extra assets...no nothing...Im going to download BB2 and install it....I expect it to work.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    tanvir8955 likes this.
  2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Err is human.
    We not reach to the moon without fail or fail

3. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Lol. This is true. I'm not asking to be sent to the moon using a test vehicle made of a million parts.

I'm asking to have the software stay open without crashing. I literally have had more than 5-6 different projects crash. Each are started a different way....or converted BB1 projects....or blank...or using their own templates. If every time they started the engines during a test flight...the engine didn't start....they do not put astronauts in the space craft.

4. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Hey...so sorry if it's like a rant. I DO appreciate BB. I love the software. I just wanting to make a game. I just sifted through a folder of games I started all of who he'd had some sort of crash issue and made me feel I need to start a different way...they are in my trash can...10 of them. Ok so there is some issue. I'm not talking about projects I spent weeks on. I'm talking a couple mins or an hour or so...I just can't even seem to get started.

I spent a whole week vacation not being able to build...that was pretty disappointing. There has been 2 update since then. No worky for me

5. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Well they do miss out fixing the important functions.
    I also think BB's price is quite high being in beta stage(little Better than Beta)...

6. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

BB 2 is out of beta. BB doesn't crash anymore on me, everything runs fine.

7. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I think if you have old projects using BuildBox 1, It's better to continue on it instead to porting them for BuildBox 2, Sometime new changes can ruin your old projects, That's why, Starting a fresh new project with BuildBox 2 it's less crashing experience.

8. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

My first game...on the App Store was made with BB1 demo. It seemed to be a flawless software I could run it for days and Mac go to standby...and then keep working and never a crash. I'm sure these bugs will get worked out. I should have waited though and just tried this new trial version. Would have seen the crash issues and saved at least for now...my first $100

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is weird, because there are a lot of things that do not work as they should which somehow makes it beta-like, but BB2 for me is much more stable than it was with BB1. I was working with the trial back in late 2015 and I had to save literally every minute because I knew it would crash after 2 minutes. BB2 in two month of use has crashed on me probably 3 times and I'm using it almost every day. I'm on Mac also. There should be a reason why yours is crashing or probably you are experimenting too much? Would be cool to know what's the reason that's for sure.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  10. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

I definitely am "experimenting"...just putting it through the ringer in some cases. Others have been just initial setup...3-5 minutes into a new project. Others are converted...it feels throttled to have to conform to the preset templates. I was warned about this but didn't believe it. Still don't. Just bugs they will get fixed...

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I was working on two games and both are conversions from 1.3.5. Still no crashes at all.

12. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Yah... look I COMPLETELY understand the frustration crashing brings when it's time to work. That being said... bb2 has been rock solid for me on a mac laptop in recent builds, so it's quite possible this wipe will bring you much inner peace... innnneerrrr peeaaacceee....
    [​IMG]

INKY likes this.
  13. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

My experience is that BB is getting more and more stable, even 1.3.6 was OK. I would not consider it as the most stable software nor rock solid though, still managed to crash. But I got used to Apple software quality where I rarely see any crashes (maybe once a year).

14. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

I had to re-start my whole game because my old file would no longer save (kept crashing) even with backups.