where is the discount for BB1 owners?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by MethGames, Dec 12, 2015.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Do the math. While slightly better, I still feel cheated at the end of the day.

$500 for 12 months, plus $2700 for the last 5 months.

That makes $3200 for 17 months. And then I'm in a sub model and own nothing.

If I pay just $800 more, then I get lifetime BB2. Arg.

2. awbkyjxnc

awbkyjxnc Boxer

does anybody know how to get me free robux and tix if you doe heres my username i want a lot mac101PRO22

3. buman

buman Boxer

I am totally agree with @Jamie about this.
    I bought BB 1 with lifetime license and Upgraded to BB2.0 lifetime just now too.
    in spire of BB2 is backward compatible, I still want to use BB1 for my games and my game making training. Naturally see that the more feature that Buildbox have, the more complex it is. One day, it will just like other piece of softwares :D.
    I don't know how BB2 works since i haven't seen it yet. But for Buidbox 1, i expected buildbox team still support to fix bug and working with new tech if it release such problem like Xcode 7.... I would love to hear opinions from Buildbox team.
    I suggest that we need support topic for Buildbox 1 and 2 seperatlly in this forum and your opinion on this @TreySmith

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

that is AWESOME :)
    nothing in my Inbox/Spam so emailed support. suggest others do the same if they have not received the email.
    thanks for the heads up @agome

5. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

o_O??? 49 per month? Are you guys sure? coz @seanjonathanconnor just replied our email stating that there won't be discount for full license should we decide to convert to subscription plan for Bbox2... any takes on this @TreySmith ?

We've emailed support about this btw and we still haven't had any email to links of the discount. Checked our spam and nothing either :(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

IS THIS SPAM :eek: or what language is this?

7. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Yes, somehow it is, there is a virtual currency robux, futhermroe a robux and tix generater hack for free coins exists. Thank good BB is not using robux :D

@Rebel Studios
    >> Are you guys sure?
    If the email Natalie has sent is not SCAM and the website is not hacked, it's true:cool:

Nevertheless, a question remains and is nowhere covered. Is the BB1 license activated even after purchasing a BB2 (full/upgrade) ?

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

@torsten_droste ... damn sure of it... we went through our email and even the spam

9. todro

todro Avid Boxer

10. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

The $499 yearly and $49 monthly subscription for the first year options are indeed valid for existing customers. Reach out to support at support@buildbox.com for the link if you did not receive one :)

11. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

I also don't think it's the best deal but i'm still willing to take the subscription. I hesitate to pay for the full software and get stuck paying thousands of dollars and BB3 coming out shortly after BB2. At least with the subscription i have a current version. I lost money by purchasing BB1 outright, especially that the Canadian dollar makes the software a lot more expensive for me, but if I set my mind to it and get a few games out there, maybe it will pay for itself. Has anyone out there made enough money on their BB games to pay for the software?

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

There are several Ketchapp and Appsolute games that definitely made enough money to pay the software and much more. Color Switch is the most recent game that should get a lot more money than to pay only the software. Ah and there is the Dan Counsells Almost Impossible case: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/almost-impossible-revenue-and-launch-details.799/

To the Buildbox team: I really appreciate the change of decisions. I know, not all users will be satisfied but this is what I was talking about. This is the kind of reaction that I was expecting from Buildbox. The bitter taste is gone and I feel I can now purchase without any concerns regarding the idea to be let down. Congratulations to everyone involved and especially to all members here who expressed their opinion in this thread. It was nice to see people participate and to know their different opinions. Long live Buildbox!!!

13. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Congrats to the Buildbox team for this updated offer. After having just paid off my BB1 purchase my credit card also thanks you :)

14. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

For those of you with a full license to BB1 and are now purchasing a BB2 under subscription plan. You need to insist with support@buildbox.com that the subscription contract begins on the date that BB2 is delivered to your inbox. Or else, you will have wasted days of useless subscription waiting for early access to BB2. Face it you already have BB1 and so don't need a sub for BB1. It will also be easier for 8Cell to manage subs if all renewals are linked to that start date of BB2 access.
    Because right now the purchase confirmation email says: "Your subscription starts now"
    That's not going to cut it @seanjonathanconnor @TreySmith
    Please adjust contract to date of delivery of BB2. Thank you! :)

agome and virtualgamers2000 like this.
  15. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Looks like they don't want to adjust the contract date for full license customers to start subscription on the day BB2 is delivered to inbox.
    Not a nice way to do business at all. I will be refunded and will reapply when early access is announced. :(
    Their subs clock starts ticking when they accept your money. Pointless when you own a full license for BB1.

16. buman

buman Boxer

Ha ha, way to go:D

17. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I really love the amazing customer and BB feedback. I think all comments help to make better future decisions on both the customer and the BB production. I would suggest that customers also find marketing strategies to make the the software pay off as proficiently as possible as a return on investments.

18. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I love the options to publish with teams that have a large user base.
    We should all continue to find ways of getting a return on our investment. Being able to make quality games is vital. Being able to get a larger user base is also a key element for all game devs. I hope that we can all help each other make better revenue. This will also help those who are maybe struggling to get a financial return.

netkomm likes this.
  19. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

At one point in time @TreySmith said the update would be free to the people who subscribed within the last 45 days. I was one of those people, from the time he had wrote that in a thread. I am not sure if that still stands or not. I am having enough issues with BB1 that I am cautious about going to BB2.