What's Wrong With My Game?

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by abdussadik, Aug 7, 2016.

1. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Hello

Recently I finished my game and I sent it to publishers if they want to publish my game. 3 publishers replied and said they didn't want to publish it, other publishers didn't reply, so they also didn't want to publish. After that I published it myself.

I want to ask you, please can you check my game and tell me what's wrong with my game? Is it gameplay type, game style, game design, colors, anything, please tell me your honest opinions, so for my next games I will try to avoid these mistakes.

Here is my game link:

View in Play store
    View on App Store

Thanks

2. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hello @abdussadik , asking for honest opinion is a good step to engance your games :)
    Well I see many problems here, the most important is the gameplay, there is no originality, it's a clone of many existing games.
    clones can success, but publishers look for original stuff. also you can clone game but add some twists to make it original.

second point are the graphics and colors, graphics are not coherent you have a mix between pixelart, voxel, 3D ...etc it gives the impression that you grabed some sprites and put them in your game, you didn't made the effort to create graphics FOR your game, or hire someone to do it, this is not considered as professional.

last point which is related to graphics is about colors, you should do search about "color theory" on google and learn how to choose colors for your game.

anyway, it's already a positive point that you made and published your game, now you need to take time to think about an original gameplay for your next game, and make good graphics.
    you also need to know that even with good (if not excellent games), getting published is not easy, publishers look for originality, quality but also for monetisable games.
    my game got rejected by two publishers which found it interesting and enjoyed playing it, but they think that it'll not be profitable enought to invest in :)

this should not stop you from making games and enhancing your creations ;)

Good luck.

GeekGamer94 likes this.
  3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Just downloaded and played it,
    wow its a tough game, pretty hard.
    1st -thing, the UI animation and the death animation is really good, like it. Also the character animation.
    2nd -the icon is nice. looks pretty good.
    3rd -The game play, ITS all GREEN, green overkill.
    My opinion.
    The tile on the Icon, that the toucan is sitting on, i think that should be the pathway.
    Then if you can make a brown, or sandstone color of that and have it on the outer of the paths. Or mix it up a bit, maybe throw a bit of a darker green in some areas on the outer. Maybe even some grey ones for the arrow launcher to sit on.
    Also maybe, only maybe slow down the arrows a bit, Not sure, but its really hard to get through them.
    Also the fact that their is no other world to unlock yet, might have put a publisher off. If you had at least one more world to unlock it would be a bit more enticing. And also better for retention.
    But yea basically just the color of the game play.
    Good luck with it.

4. fabionushi

fabionushi Boxer

in my opinion u should update it and add new colors on game field , everything its green , maybe u should add something like a river , or different color flowers and plants

5. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

See some game design in pinterest. your game UI is very bad. also the color variation. Over all i will give 3/10

6. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Thank you for your opinions, I will fix these mistakes in my next games.

7. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Hi, i played your game and firstly i must say that i hated green color. Everywhere is green. Even if it is a tree or grass it doesn't mean that it should be green. For tree mix orange and green colors for example.put a lake, flower etc (player would like to see different colors). That arrow shooter (don't know exact name of it) doesn't suit to the design of your game. Make your game more amusing. There are only arrow shooters and you should pass from them, it is not interesting. Put different enemies. Create a store, where players can buy different characters with in-game currency, in-app purchase or even with rewarded video.
    Hope this will help. :)

8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Please take a look at the DOs and DON'Ts of submitting to a publisher http://stormwatchgames.com/how-to-get-a-publisher-for-your-mobile-game. From the submission / publisher side, you didn't give your name, you didn't give the name of your game, and you didn't give the name of the game's TestFlight email or company it was being sent from. Publishers get a lot of submissions and you shouldn't make it hard for them to figure out your submission.

Qdeveloper, Ishamahes and Kevin W like this.