What Is The Equivalent Of Sub Ids For Tracking?

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by oac, Sep 4, 2018.

1. oac

oac Boxer

Hi all,

I come from an affiliate marketing background. Here, if we wanted to track by some custom parameter we would just add it to the URL as a sub ID. For example, it might be abc.com/?offerid=123&userid=456&subid=identifier1 where identifier1 is any string that I choose.

Doing this means that when I login to see what my earnings are, I can filter by whatever I input after s1. So if I have used identifier1, identifier2 and identifier3 I can see separate the performance of each sub ID.

I would like to do something similar with mobile apps, so I can later login to the advertising networks or tracking software and see the revenue, clicks and other stats that came from each subid.

Example use cases would be something like, tracking how revenue changes the longer people are in an app. So I could change the equivalent of the subid to the number of minutes the player has been in the game, then I could later check the ad revenue from people who were in the app for 1 minute vs the revenue from people who were in the app for 5 minutes. This is just a random example, the possibilities and combinations are obviously endless and up to the application developer.

Does anyone know how this is typically done?

Many thanks