What Background Color Should I Use For An Application That Is The Best For Eyes?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by willielandon, Jul 22, 2019.

1. willielandon

willielandon Boxer

In your eye there are cones that pick up red, green, yellow and blue light. This light is then transmitted to your colour opponent ganglion cells. Some are excited by red and inhibited by green; some the other way around. Some are excited by blue and inhibited by yellow; others vice versa. Phew!

Everyone's brain is different. If you have a preponderance of ganglia that are excited by red, then red might appear more exciting to you than green. Or perhaps you have more yellow-excited than blue-excited ganglia - in that case blue might appear calming to you.

gaylesmith likes this.
  2. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

It depends also what time you are using app. In morning, blue light is good, wakes you up, at evening or night, blue disrupts sleep and red is good.
    Green acts like softer blue. Good to use first half of a day. And yellow acts like softer red. Good to use second half of a day, before it gets dark outside.

3. gaylesmith

gaylesmith Boxer

I personally find out royal blue to be very attractive. It is the most eye catching color I believe.