Way To The Top - Finally On The App Store, Free To Download.

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Alterman29, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi all developers,

It is my first post here and I am looking for feedback regarding three different subjects for my mobile game Way to the top!
    It is a simple one tap game and you should help the little blonde guy to reach the top. Avoid all kinds of enemies, collect coins and power ups and unlock new shirt for the character.
    The game have over 100 paths and the development time for this game is six month.

1. My app store preview trailer. What do you think? Note that this is the first version and I have done a new version that I will upload later but for the first one and I am looking for feedback.

What do you guys think about to have both text and a voice over?

What do you think about the editing? Some improvement?

2. I have some problem/bug in the game when the character is jumping on the cloud. Sometimes he lands on the side of the clouds and don´t jump of. He is standing still and the animation is still playing. What could be wrong? I have checked the collisions shape and tried to make a different shape but without result.

[​IMG]

3. Sometimes when the character is near the trampoline in the game the trampoline sometimes wakes up and then disappear. It is like the trampoline attract the character like a magnet and then start the wake up animation.

[​IMG]

I had problem to upload file/photo here. I got an error message

Thanks a lot in advance and all feedback will be great regarding the trailer and other things. I will soon make a beta test and it will be released to the apple app store first.
    I will use this thread to update about the release of the game, icons, screenshots and stuff like that.

If you have questions I will be more then happy to help and answer.
    I really believe in sharing knowledge and help each other.

Best regards
    Andreas Falkson Falk

Visit www.tenlinestudios.com for more information

jcalle likes this.
  2. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi,

Are no one able to give me some kind of feedback on this? I would highly appreciate that if some one could take the time.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
    Andreas Falkson Falk

3. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@Alterman29 Looks interesting. Voice over is great. You've said you face issues with some platforms. If I'm not mistaken Path tool will help you to resolve such issues. For the graphics, I think it needs some improvements, so, all parts have to look integrated. What will be the motivation to unlock new characters?

Alterman29 likes this.
  4. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

First of all, thanks a lot for taking your time to give me some feedback.

I am also really happy with the voiceover and I think that this voice together with SFX and theme music are great.
    I will try to make that trampoline jump with a path and see if it works better.

Regarding the graphics, could you give me some more thoughts about that? I really live the graphic so I can´t understand how the parts not looks like they are integrated?

Hmm, the motivation for unlocking characters is something I haven't really think about to be honest so that is a good question from you. Right now all the characters have the same game mechanics but I wonder if I maybe will add something to it. For example a character that jumps a little bit higher or something like that. This is so the play can unlock different to get some variation in the game. I will for sure think more about this part. Some will be unlocked with in game currency and right now three of them can only be purchased by real money and those characters have a pattern shirt instead of a plain color shirt.

Again thanks a lot! I really appreciate that.

Best regards
    Andreas Falk

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I hear an unpleasant whistle in this video.

The first video is fantastic.

6. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.
    The whistle is a part of the beating heart. Maybe this could be an annoying sound, I will take a look and see if I should remove it or not. The sound is there to make a feeling of silence and excitement.

Have a great day!

7. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi guys,

Finally I can share the news that my game Way to the top are available on the App Store for free.
    Feel free to download at test it.
    Share you toughs about the game and give me some feedback, that would be highly appreciated.

https://goo.gl/Gwwr6r

Some great features
    - 100 handcrafted paths, all randomized
    - 10+ characters to unlock
    - Fun power-ups
    - A lot of enemies
    - Collect coins
    - Share your score on social media

And much more! ;)

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
    Andreas

Christoph likes this.
  8. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi guys,

Way to the top has been on the App Store for 1 month and 13 days and today I reached 500+ downloads and that is a milestone for me and that was first goal. Thanks a lot!

I will release update 1.1 with a lot of new features in the game. More enemies, 20 missions, power-us, clouds, Game center leaderboard, more coins, better UI design and more . Android version will be added after this big update.

Feel free to ask questions or give me some feedback.

Download and play for free here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1215731873

Best regards
    Andreas

500-downloads-way-to-the-top-tenline-studios.png

Christoph and Wapps1 like this.