Watch Rewarded Video To Continue Game

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by qiang_ma, Aug 29, 2016.

1. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hey boxers!

Do you have any idea about giving the character a second life by watching a rewarded video? Like my character dies in the middle of the game, then a balloon pops out and askes me if I need to continue the game by watching a rewarded video.

Tell me anything you know, thank you so much!

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Set in every scene a checkpoint so you can go back to the start of every scene. Then do two game over menus. The first one with no background but only your balloon animation and the questions if the user wants to continue watching an ad. Place two buttons: The 1st one is a retry button and the second one is a default button that takes you to the second game over menu which you design like a real game over menu. That should work pretty well.

3. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Thank you! @Christoph but I haven't found the retry button, do you mean restart checkpoint? I set the retry button as restart checkpoint, so when I click 'retry button', the game would begin at where I died, but how can I add the rewarded video in?

4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Yes, it is restart checkpoint.
    For adding rewarded video you should click to that action, at the right side bottom in monetisation set the purchase method as rewarded video.
    EDIT: Also you should click and activate buy and use in monetisation. And select ad network

Mahes KC and qiang_ma like this.
  5. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Thanks @Nihat Muradzade ! Now I'm a little confused, I can't set the botton as restart checkpoint and rewarded video at the same time right? As now I could only watch a video without going back to the game, or go back to where I died directly. How to mix the two function together?

6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Firstly, if you are using an action then you should choose restart checkpoint as action type. Then in game over UI drag any .png format image and drop it to purchase button. Then at the right side you will see action selection in action. Select the action which you selected as restart checkpoint in World UI. And then change monetisation properties as i said before.

7. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Thank you mate! I'll try it, this is the first time I try to make this, hope one day that Buildbox @Andy will add it as an official function.

8. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

It is an official function. It is the best and i think the easiest way of doing this.
    Actually with Buildbox everything is easy. ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  9. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi there,

I am trying to do the same.

1. I did an action and set it as SET CHECKPOINT
    2. I added a purchase button but I don't have the RESTART CHECKPOINT on Action Selection. I have SET CHECKPOINT.

I made it work using a regular game button but need monetization as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    C

10. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

You should set restart checkpoint. In action selection you are not going to see Restart Checkpoint you will see the name of that restart checkpoint. For ex. if its name is 123, you will see 123 in action selection.

EDIT: Of course you will need set checkpoint button. When the player is going to click to that restart checkpoint button it has to continue from the scene it loosed. Thats why you will need set checkpoint. Now you should change it to restart checkpoint or drag a new .png format image and drop it to action in World UI.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  11. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

I am confused

1. I have it set as action as set checkpoont. User will collect these checkpoint correct? Last that he colected will be drop point on restart checkpoint?

2. I have set the purchase button linked to that action. But is set to set checkpoint.

3. Did not get the restart checkpoint se tion. I tried to set the acti9n as restart checkpoint instead of set checkpoint but does not work. Whe character hits that is restarting from begining. No button is presed.

Should be 2 acti9ns set? One as set checkpoint that user will collect and restart one as well.

Thanks.
    C

12. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

First is correct.
    Second. You shouldn't set it to set checkpoint, you should set it to restart checkpoint.
    Third. You should replace restart checkpoint button with set checkpoint.

13. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

First is an action that is set as set checkpoint. Should it be set as restart checkpoint from the start?

2nd- if i do that considerijg step one above make sense.

3rd - on an ui screen?

14. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Just drag a .png format image and drop it to action. Then delete it, because we don't need it in your scene. We just need it to be at the left side in action area. Then go to the UI where you want to put your rewarded video and drag a .png format image and drop it to purchase button. At the right side you will see action selection. Change it to that restart checkpoint (Remember its name will be same as the original name of the image). Then scroll down and you will see monetisation. Change its properties as i said before.

15. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Cristian, I just answered 3rd and my answer is yes, on an UI screen. Please write first and second understandable.

16. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

But we need to use the set checkpoint somehow in gameplay. Inside the level right? So character will collect that in order to know where to restart? Or needs.to be only in the scene and character does not need to collect it?

17. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Needs, thats why i said you will need set checkpoint and restart checkpoint. You shouldn't think about set checkpoint. Just place your checkpoint to your scene, select set checkpoint as an action type. And then drag another .png format image to your world. Then delete it, because we don't need it in your scene. We just need it to be at the left side in action area. Then go to the UI where you want to put your rewarded video and drag a .png format image and drop it to purchase button. At the right side you will see action selection. Change it to that restart checkpoint (Remember its name will be same as the original name of the image). Then scroll down and you will see monetisation. Change its properties as i said before. Is it clear?

18. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

any video tutorial for restart by watching video?

19. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

I reached PC. Trying now and see if I make it. :)

20. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Still does not work. What I did.

1. Drag a png to the world as an action. Set it as Set check point.
    2. Drag another image in the world. Set is as Restart checkpoint
    3. Added purchase button in UI and set action to restart checkpoint, in game purchase 100 coins for testing purposes.

After I die on game over screen purchase button is there but if pressed nothing happen.

What the heck? I am doing still something wrong?

Milton thanks for all your messages so far.
    C