Want to integrate tapdaq in BB

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by bmsingha, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi guys,

Please can anyone let me know how to integrate tapdaq in BB?

I have already visited the link

https://github.com/tapdaq/tdbox

But still can't understand this "
    First, make sure you are in the directory of the project.

The following command will integrate Tapdaq and display an interstitial each time the application boots up.
    "

Which directory of the project it says?

Kindly let me know in detail

2. Phillip Kung

Phillip Kung Boxer

Trying following the instructions in the videos below. Hope this helps!

tarasgasparin likes this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your reply, but am using Buildbox tool; which is completely compiled. There is no App.delegate.m, app.delegate.h file, so that's the startong point, I get stucked, how to done this? Some thing like this

Attached Files:

4. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Use AppController.h and AppController.mm

I would suggest you hire a developer to do this for you. You can also contact Tapdaq and they might be able to help you.

Jamie likes this.
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi Aaron,

Okay thanks

6. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

First off, your Buildbox exported project is NOT completely compiled. If it was you'd have a .IPA file and not an Xcode project. While Buildbox exports XML and no .CPP files which makes it harder to make changes to a lot of your game through source code, there are still SDKs you can add to your project. For example I added Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Tapdaq, Push Notifications, etc. to my game after I exported the Xcode project from Buildbox.

Here's how I easily added Tapdaq to my game for iOS.

1. In Buildbox, add a Custom Ad to your Main Menu screen with an Ad Interstitials Freq. of 1. Do not use the Custom Ad anywhere else in your game.

2. I use CocoaPods so I added pod 'Tapdaq' to my podfile and ran pod install.

3. In Xcode, add the following line to the top of your AppDelegate.mm
    #import <Tapdaq/Tapdaq.h> // Tapdaq

4. In Xcode, add the following lines to your application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions in AppDelegate.mm
    TDProperties *tapdaqProps = [[TDProperties alloc] init];
    // Set Tapdaq frequency cap to 3
    [tapdaqProps setFrequencyCap:3];
    [[Tapdaq sharedSession] setApplicationId: @"YOUR_APP_ID"
    clientKey: @"YOUR_CLIENT_KEY"
    properties:tapdaqProps];

5. In Xcode, add the following code to your -(void)showCustomFullscreenAd which is further down the page in AppDelegate.mm
    [[Tapdaq sharedSession] showInterstitial];

That's it. Simple as pie. And I like pie. It should take you less than 10 minutes. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks Gregory. Do you think it's possible to add a screenshot for each step? It would non-coders like me help a lot to understand what you are talking about. It sounds simple but if you are new to the different apps it's getting a nightmare very quickly.

Sporty likes this.
  8. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

@Gregory Storm you know a lot about implementing customs codes to buildbox project i just i hope you could make video tutorials about how to makes this important changes in android and ios such as Analytics, tapdaq, push notification and adding custom ads like the one in ketchapp thank you.

Sporty likes this.
  9. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Thanks @Gregory. Great , yeah agree, a brief video tutorial would surely help the nin coders

10. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

Hey Gregory,

As regards step 2, the Cocoapods stuff is done in Tapdaq's profile or shall something be done or installed in the xCode project?

If the interstitial freq in Buildbox is set to 1, what means the frequency cap "3" in the code we should add in step 4?

So after setting these steps up we should see a Cross Promotion ad of our other game each time our game launches or each time we go to home screen?

11. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Christoph @wesam_badr @bmsingha Good suggestions, but putting together a useful video tutorial will take a good amount of time. If I do it, I may create a Udemy course to detail the process, step by step.

@FerZ Setting the Buildbox frequency to 1 means the method will be called every time. If you do not cap the frequency of the TapDaq cross-promotions, they will show every time. With that said, the above information is old as now TapDaq let's you control frequency caps from their dashboard and thus you do not have to hard code into Xcode.

bmsingha likes this.
  12. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

that also a good idea try to do it

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I agree, probably much easier with some screenshots. This way we could imagine at least for what to look for when you say: 2. I use CocoaPods so I added pod 'Tapdaq' to my podfile and ran pod install. Otherwise it is just Chinese for me.

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Gregory: How does Tapdaq know where to put the interstitial? How is it linked to the custom ads set up in Buildbox? I'm trying to get this set up but am a little lost.

15. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

This thread is kinda old but if you all google info about cocoapods and such, there are a ton of tutorials available. https://www.raywenderlich.com/ has great, easy to follow tutorials with screenshots! Making these kind of tutorials is energy and time-consuming so I suggest you also search on google for anything non-buildbox specific (ex: using cocapods) that is not explained here.

Jamie likes this.