Vm Mac Osx To Upload Build

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Bilz636, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Hey Boxers,
    Since Apple has updated its mac OSx to 10.14.x and some old mac machines are not compatible with it (including mine).
    But i want to publish my games into apple without getting any rejection (as far as i know they reject old iOS builds ). I have currently xcode 9.
    I am thinking to install new mac OSx on PC by using Virtual Machine. So in that way i will able to install new xcode 10 or higher to upload my game for appstore.

So my question is,
    Will apple suspend my account for violence their agreement?? Because i recently discovered they do not allow to install OSx other then MAC machines.
    Has any done it before?

If someone has better solution then please let me know (dont have funds to buy new one at this moment).

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

No they will not suspend your account for doing that. If you don't feel comfortable using a VM on your PC you can also rent a mac here: https://www.macincloud.com/

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I published all my games using a VM on iOS. No problems at all. You just can't run any future updates, or you have to reinstall everything again.

Bilz636 likes this.
  4. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

thats sound great man thanks :)
    What tuts you used to installed OS by using VM? any recommendation?

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I did use Techreviews on YouTube in the past, but not sure if they have one for now. I would just see which one has the most comments on YT and if they are positive, then go with the top one or 2.

Bilz636 likes this.
  6. Kensuke

Kensuke Boxer

I am still doing it, and never had problems with it. Virtual machines are the perfect tool for this and as long as you don't make something extraordinary, you should be good. I have been using vmware vcloud all the time, and running a xcode 10 on my older iOS build, I am not completely sure if this is a violence of their agreement or not, but if I still didn't get suspended, that means that either they are okay with it or they can't even know that I am using a virtual machine.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021