Using the same background file across all nodes in Menu Editor?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by defonten, Feb 7, 2016.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Hey guys,
    Is it possible to use the same image file across all game nodes in Menu Editor? Like I want to use one background for End Game, Main Menu and Shop nodes. Cos currently I have to reimport same image file for every menu page, thus doubling atlas usage. Thanks!

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Create a scene and mite it. Add background and objects and whatever you want in there as a background. When you single click on a menu screen you can select wich scene to display while the menu is displayed, select this muted one.

3. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Can I set an individual scene to have a static background?? Because my other (ingame) backgrounds are scrolling with different speeds

4. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Need your advice! Since it's impossible to use muted scene as a background in Shop, Pause and GameOver screens, I have to drag and drop the same background image file to each of those screens which doubles the size of my atlasses. Is there a way to "link" or use the same image file from may be the Objects list in scene editor? I tried copy and paste across menu screens - doesn't work too. Help!

5. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Regarding the size, this should help:

snip_20160215093929.png

6. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Yeah I know about this feature but isn't it true only for the objects in Scene Editor? I think it's not related to objects in Menu Editor. But I will try this this evening. Thanks!

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Clones do not work in menu editor.

But yes, you can do what you want. When I tried to reduce the atlasses as much as I could I found a way. You have to go to the menu interface, then click on an object, let's say the background image. Then on the edit button for the image in the settings on the right, this takes you to the atlas/sprite editor. From there you just select the same background image and save. You repeat that for all your menus and always choose the same sprite from the atlas list. To finish, you go to atlas and optimize it. The duplicates will be deleted.

BossGames, JustWatchApps and defonten like this.
  8. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

@Christoph! Wow thanks a lot man you made my day! Works like a charm! Almost halfed my atlasses in a minute! Yay!