Use Start Checkpoint Or Back Jump With Score Reset

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Christoph, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm trying to make a game over menu with a background scene. When I use "Restart Checkpoint" for the retry button it will load the world with the background scene instead of the previous world with the levels. This is actually pretty logical so I'm trying to set up another way I can go back to the last checkpoint. I thought "Back Jump" or "Start Checkpoint" would work as you can choose where to navigate to with both.

This works as it should BUT the problem is that the score gets added to the previous one instead of resetting to the checkpoint's start. I can imagine that sometimes it is pretty cool to have this feature like for a continue button, but in my case it doesn't work. Is there a way I missed to go back to the last checkpoint and restart from the score when first hitting this checkpoint like "Restart Checkpoint" would do?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok. I played a little more with this and I think the Back Jump which adds the score instead of resetting to the last checkpoint is actually a bug. When I make a Back Jump button without the background scene for the game over menu it works as it should. The score gets reset as it should. But when I have this second world for the background scene, the score gets added. Has anyone else had this problem with Buildbox 2.2.5?

idea_tunc and spicedbeangames like this.
  3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Not me. But my checkpoints are pretty straight forward. I will certainly keep my eyes open for this

Christoph likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, mine are straight forward as well. But the problem arises when you attach a background world for your Game Over UI.

I just sent two example bbdoc to support: Ticket ID - 50741. Let's see what Sean has to say. :D