Urgent Help Needed In Android Studio

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by andreas_kviby, Jul 19, 2016.

1. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

[​IMG]
    When trying to compile to a signed APK in Android Studio I got the above error. <identifier> expected and it points to my packagename row at the top in all files. Should I understand any of this?

Please help.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

You may have got your answer already, or found another way to do it... but I posted a pretty detailed video a while back using eclipse. Exact versions of Java that are needed, where to download the right files, everything.

Late 2015, I drove my self nuts for 3 days trying to use Studio, and never got it working. This method still works.

A couple days ago I started a new game and hadn't exported anything in months... actually had to go find my own video to remember how to do it! :) Still works for BB 2 though! Best of luck.

JoeWilson likes this.
  4. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Hey @GTE Games !
    I have watched your video for days and it seem that Eclipse is still trying to download some files that never gets downloaded. I still get errors inside Eclipse and it is driving me nuts.

5. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

@andreas_kviby Not sure what it could be. I listed very specifics on how to replicate my machine, software version numbers, if you're following it exactly, it should work. :/ Several people have said the tutorial worked perfectly for them.

Some of the files I listed, you have to download directly from the repositories. I'm not patronizing, but have you downloaded the files, double checked, and tried again?

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it in the video, but if you are trying to run any of this over a network, you'll get errors. If I have my exported Android files on my Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive, and try to compile with eclipse, it gives me a Dalvik error. I have experienced other strange errors trying to run files off a mapped network drive.

When working with buildbox, eclipse, or Android files, I would HIGHLY recommend running everything of the C drive.

If it's just your bbdoc giving you issues, you can send it to me and I'll try to export to android, and turn it into an APK.

Best of luck!