Updating Apps

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Praaaytogod, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Praaaytogod

Praaaytogod Boxer

Can anyone drop a link to a step by step guide to updating apps on both Android and iOS. I'm assuming this process will get easier when I do it a few times, but with this being my first app it's a little overwhelming. Thanks

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

For Google Play its easy. Just go to your current game and on left side it says RELEASE MANAGEMENT. In there you upload your NEW apk and enter what version and change-log details etc. MAKE SURE in buildbox you go to settings and change your games version to 1.1 or 2 or whatever. Otherwise when you go to upload it will conflict with current version.

As for Apple.....ewwww. I hate their upload process. SO many things. Have to have XCode...have to open 2 diff websites or whatever. Ewww. lol. That you can google. But yeah, google play UPDATES are minutes long. Click App - On Left Click Release Management - Choose new APK. Done.

Praaaytogod likes this.
  3. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

For iOS, Export your new Project for iOS and then Open the Exported Xcode Project, Do whatever you want to do in it ( change Build number, Add any SDKs or whatever ) and then upload the Binary, in few minutes your new upload will be available to send for review.

DarkSandwich and Praaaytogod like this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

You skipped the part where you have to go to iTunes connect site and do a bunch of stuff there. Also whatever site it is where you have to create provisions or whatever they are called. Ewww.

5. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Updating Apps takes no Provisioning Profiles, ( EDIT: You should have one you created when you first release your app with, if you dont have it, just go to developer.apple.com and download, but most of the time Xcode save it in its directory somewhere so you dont have to download again n again) The Part i forgot to mention here is He/She needs to go to iTunesConnect App's Dashboard and Create a new version. But even if you havent created before you can still upload new binary, it will be sitting there for you to use when you create a new version. when you create a new version of your app then all of the details you already have in will be in new version, you ll have options to change things, add new keywords etc etc .. but nothing more then that.

AppNasty likes this.