Unlock next levels ( world ) when reach the end of the first level

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by mshuraih, Apr 22, 2016.

1. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

So i am trying to use the lock button to lock the next world when the first one is complete and I know i need a unlock logic piece in the game play to connect to the unlock button .. the problem is I can not find that unlock logic piece is that something still not out yet ?

2. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

After creating level 1, add event observer: game over, checkpoint (rename this to unlock next), and unlock logic to the level complete ui, set unlock logic to unlock button, object should be set to the next level you want to create (level 2). create a level to lock, add the lock button to the levels navigation. In the mind map, run the wire from the unlock next to the levels select ui. By doing this, the user can see the level has been unlocked. Continue the procedure for each other level.

edwin_simonds likes this.
  3. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

If you're watching the amount of coins collected to clear a level, you'll have to create a separate game field ui for each level

4. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

thank you very much for the help ,, my problem is i can not find the UNLOCK LOGIC anywhere in the menu ... would you point it out where to find it .. it not just a check point is it ?
    I think i need to place it at the end of each level and connect to lock button at the level select ..thanks again

5. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

thank you very much for the help ,, my problem is i can not find the UNLOCK LOGIC anywhere in the menu ... would you point it out where to find it .. it not just a check point is it ?
    I think i need to place it at the end of each level and connect to lock button at the level select ..thanks again

6. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

double click on the node to enter the ui, to the top left there are 4 categories of goodies, buttons, logic, characters then labels. unlock is under logic

7. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

mshuraih, take a look at Sean's tutorial on world features. That might help. I am looking at it now and it is pretty straight forward.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

@theseanjonathanconnor @Andy is there a way to, once you have played a world, lock it back up so that it is unplayable again... for instance, if you have a world that is just one big gold grab, once they finish it, I don't want them back in it exploiting the gold grab

9. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

@heathclose should be to do this using the auto-lock function:

Auto Lock - We made this basically for the skip button. With "Next Scene" and the options to deep link a scene, we now can have a single Game Over (or Game Won) UI for StageClear/Challenge type games. Sometimes you'll want to the button to lock everytime you open this screen. Like a SKIP button. Other times you will NOT want it to lock each time... like a "New Game Mode" button or a button that links to a new level.

10. heathclose

my initial testing leaves it unlocked even though I have set it to autolock

"world 4 complete ui" has a logic unlock for world 5, so I set world 5 to auto lock, finished world 4 to go to 5, played through the gold grab in 5, went on to 6, paused it, went back to the level select, and 5 was still unlocked and open for exploit... am I missing something?

11. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hmmm, tough to to say/visualize but it sounds like you're doing it correctly. Can you send a ticket to support@buildbox.com with this and we'll take a deeper look and advise?

12. heathclose

sent

Sean Buildbox likes this.