Underground Exit

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by sysads, Dec 10, 2015.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Hi Boxers
    I have my first BBox game ready and out on Google Play Store. iOS soon to follow after I sort out an issue with my account.
    This game took me 3-4 weeks due to my day to day job so had to sacrifice nights working on the levels.
    I hope I did a good job :D
    Please feel free to comment and advise for improvements - Thanks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twodgamearena.underground

upload_2015-12-10_16-37-3.png

upload_2015-12-10_16-37-21.png

upload_2015-12-10_16-37-32.png

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

looks cool! :D

any intro video? (I am on iOS and will need to wait to play with it)

3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I have been searching for who can help make an intro :(
    I really don't know how to make things like that :(. I will learn to do them when I stand on my own.

In meantime, I will invite testers for the iOS soon so you too can try it out and advise on improvements.

4. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

jcalle likes this.
  5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, I leave an intro if you want to use:

I will be critical:
    The movement did not like it (move the phone I do not like) I prefer to use onscreen buttons.
    Atlasses use too many, and too Repeated Background Images in Atlasses, check it.
    The character is very little to my liking.

Everything else if I like the stages and enemies.

sysads likes this.
  6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i also be critical so before submitting the game to osx store gets some advice from members here i really didnt like the movement using accelerometer it wasn't a wise decision maybe you want to make the game different but also made it difficult and hard to play.
    i am also not very fan of music during the gameplay i don't know why its not the same music that in the video above but i liked the one in the video more and i also liked the one in the start menu.
    i liked the dark themed red and the level design it was superb i mean the first scenes i didnt see it all / and you really need to change the character if it was in one color it would be more appealing and if it have moving walking effect it will be great and where is the jump sound... the menu and the pause screen was designed very well... you can collect gems but there anythings that can be bought with.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  7. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks Guys. The more criticism the better for me to improve :D These are areas I thought could have done better:

- Use Front and Back Arrows as controls rather than accelerometer. I thought of trying accelerometer out first :D
    - The Character looks small though, so will increase its size
    - Because of the background image, looks like the character is not clearly visible in some devices. So will look to make it pure WHITE
    - Maybe change character to a walking animated character with jump animation. Still stuck with design which I am bad at, so will look for someone to create that for me

Overall I think I can do better than this so please the more advise the better, while I start work on fixing some of the suggestions made so far now that I took today off from busy work :D

Thanks Boxers, you all a great.

8. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

also fix the icon the character look very tinny

9. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Definitely. Right now I am searching for who to make graphics for me so fingers crossed :D

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think the game is visually very appealing. The graphics shouldn't be a problem. Don't know about the gameplay. The gameplay is the single most important thing to have success. If something is wrong people stop to play. Video is simple. Just record when you are playing and then cut it the way the best scenes are left in a 30 second clip. Use a free video editor. And for the icon use the main character in an important action that describes best the game. Taking the coins? Avoiding an obstacle? etc

Once you have all that, take your time to plan your marketing. Hope you get the expected downloads.

ruhm64 and sysads like this.
  11. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I like the style very much! Game design is an art. Pay no attention to what people say about your aesthetics, characters and graphics. As far as I can tell, this is something I will download and play.

sysads likes this.
  12. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Nice game. Looks good.
    very challenging, game, i like it. the accelerometer makes it a harder game play but thats cool.

sysads likes this.
  13. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

14. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I wanted to wait for the iTunes version to be approved so those who didn't have android could try out the iOS version.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/underground-exit/id1066742672?ls=1&mt=8

I would love to hear your comments as I have the following suggested improvements to make, so still would love to hear from you.

Note: Please don't crucify me as I have a day to day job to feed the family so little time to make a good game but looking forward to improving :D

Suggestions So Far:

- Change from accelerometer to button controls
    - Change Character color (Not sure what color to go for yet)
    - Background looks dark, so I am thinking of changing it
    - Use multiple background colors (I had this in mind so will use v2 for these)
    - Someone said sound isn't the best, if anyone has a better sound, please ping me the link as sounds are cheap to buy

Thanks All

Jamie likes this.
  15. David D

David D Boxer

Hi Sysads
    I like the game concept. 2 things I think can make it better:
    I think the graphics are a bit small and I think the music should be changed to something more lively.
    Its a cool game though, nice job!

sysads likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I finally had time to check it out. I like everything about it but the character and the gameplay controls. Something just doesn't feel right. And I agree, button controls would be much better.

BUT then I thought: what if the character would be a ball and the gameplay physics would be a little more loose? I think it could work very good including with the accelerometer and I can't think of another game that would be similar to it. Even the music would work pretty good with it. Have you tried?

And one last thing: the game needs sound FX for the diamonds. This or as said by others a music that is much more upbeat. But even then, it just feels weird when catching a diamond and no FX appears.

I'm pretty positive that with some very few changes this game can be a huge success and even can get a publisher. Don't give up. You are almost there. Would have been good to beta test though. There is only one chance for a feature.

17. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks guys for your honest reviews, much appreciated. To be honest, I had to put this together quick within a month just to get something out since I did not want to be discouraged due to time with my daily job as its very demanding.

Now that I have xmas break, I will spend time polishing the game but as always, my biggest challenge is graphics. I have tried looking for someone in Fiverr but no luck :(

If only there is someone in the community that does graphics work and available to make some changes for me, don't mind paying if affordable.

18. mikafabz

mikafabz Avid Boxer

Nice one... I like it!

19. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I have finally had time to take a look at this game today and made the changes as recommended. The only bit I am hoping to get help from the community is the game name.

I think the current name "Underground Exit" isn't ASO friendly so was wondering if anyone could suggest me a good game name.

thanks

20. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of the name either, I think 'Underground' doesn't flow so great, but if you absolutely have to use it, I prefer - Exit Underground, rather than the other way round. I haven't checked if these app names have gone or not, so just off the top of my head, but I really like:
    Exit
    Exit Plan
    Last Exit
    Exit, then a number. Perhaps the amount of levels you have or something else? 'Exit 50' etc.
    Hidden Exit
    Exit Hunt
    Project Exit

Exit - Oh Sod It I Don't Know (that one's catchy) :) :)

playsgames6666 and sysads like this.