Ui Sound Effects

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by trudnai, Feb 6, 2017.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

Is there any trick to make UI sound effects? Especially with synchronizing to animation.
    For example I have an animation where UI elements are coming up and would like to add sound when they do that so. Or like a squishing noise when UI is coming up but without stopping the background music...

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I can't think of a way to do it in the UI, so I guess the obvious answer would be to add the sound fx you want to the piece of music you have playing in the background of that particular menu. At least that way you could perfectly time you music to the animations you've created or vice versa, depending on which you do first.

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Thanks @Phill Mason, appreciate your reply. Yeah I was thinking about the same, to put a World under it and do the sfx from there, however, that would brake the "Restart" and "Restart Checkpoint" functions which I use heavily.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Ah, I see, are you talking about UI elements popping up in the gameplay? I thought you meant in one of your opening menus.
    I was thinking if it was a menu you were talking about, you could have the following:

Menu = BG Music 01, with Sync'd fx with buttons coming in.
    Game = BG Music 02, with regular gameplay.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your request, but if it's in you main menu, how will Restart and Restart Checkpoint affect the menu music you want to sync?

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Not sure how you could do this? Maybe have a game object or something with the music/fx on it, and place the fx in 'wake up sound' and use Advanced move or some logic to trigger the music to play, when the UI passes over the game object as it animates to required position on the screen?

playsgames6666 likes this.