Two Bugs, Please Fix.

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by harbime, Jan 2, 2020.

1. harbime

harbime Boxer

Hi

Bug # 1: I'm not able to make both the "Move" and "4 Way Swipe" node to work together, the moment I add the move node it disables the 4 way swipe node, please fix it.

Bug # 2: When I add ready made "Brains" to my object, then I double-click my object to see its map, the newly added brain (or node) is not connected to the start node. Please fix.

Oh, so many bugs to deal with in BB3, I'm getting more and more dis-encouraged to use it. :(

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. harbime

harbime Boxer

Ok I think I've figured out how to fix the first problem: any not used axis in my jump swipe node must be left empty rather than putting zero (0) in them. By doing this it my object is now moving correctly.

Getting to know BB the hard way :)

But still the other issue needs to be fixed.

dnmrr likes this.
  3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

FYI it is connected it is just not visible currently. We will change this in an update very soon ;)

4. Matthew Tedesco

Matthew Tedesco Boxer

I actually have been having the same issue, but with the Jump node (And a Touch node). If I use the Jump node by itself (with the Touch node), it works fine. But as soon as I add the Move node, the Jump node seems to stop working. I've tried looking through the code to see if I could identify the problem, but nothing about the Jump or Touch node seems to change after adding in the Move node. I also tried making the Move node first (as in the tutorial) but the same thing happened. The Jump node just wouldn't work at all, instead of working until I added in the Move node. Was wondering if there is a work-around of some sort? I've tried leaving the X and Z inputs empty instead of leaving Zero's, and it doesn't seem to change anything. Any advice would be really appreciated.

5. UltraMelon

UltraMelon Boxer

Same from me. Yesterday when I played around BB3. I had to plug in the -Move- node first, then the -TouchMove- Node, if its another way around, like plug in the -TouchMove- first and then -Move- , it won't work.

Same problem with the Jump, tried to copied one of the template. Doesn't work if you set the physics Type: Dynamic, it just rolls over like a dog, but when i set it to Kinematic, it works. Checked the debug and has a warning "Jump Node only works [Dynamic] bodies. enabling by default". I had to make different saves or new empty just to test if I plug in the nodes right.

6. Matthew Tedesco

Matthew Tedesco Boxer

I figured out how to fix the problem, actually. Well, I didn't figure it out, I just read another forum post with a similar issue that I was able to extrapolate a fix from. So, what you do is when you make the "Move" node, you have to make sure that whatever Axis you aren't using are set as "none" instead of 0. For some reason, 0 isn't actually nothing, it has a value. Simple as that. Should work fine once you change those settings in the "Move" node. Hope that helps.

vahid likes this.
  7. UltraMelon

UltraMelon Boxer

Thank you. Kept forgetting about that, watched the tutorial twice about that 0(zero) and "None".