...trigger a camera shake for an object?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by heathclose, May 22, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I want to trigger a camera shake without the character... so like let's say I have a chain that is dropping a block, and the chain pulls the block back up and drops it again... how can i trigger a camera shake everytime is hits the floor?

is there any way to do this?

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Hmmm good question.
    Shake your phone or computer at the right time. :p
    No seriously, not sure you can.
    Great idea though hopefully someone can work it out for you.

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

and make the player mouth the sound effect too... pew .. pew pew

4. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Yea, now we are on the same wave length.
    sorry

5. clin407

clin407 Boxer

Would it be possible to have a character off screen move back and forth triggering an action that just does a camera shake each time? The only issue I see is timing that character's movement so it hits the action at the same time the block drops to the floor.

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@heathclose: Theoretically you can "glue" a Logic object to your block which then places an object on your scene. That object can have a "glued" Action that is big enough to always hit your character and therefore make your screen shaking. However, problem with this is that Actions are one time use only no matter what.

Maybe you can do some even more crazy tricks exploiting a fact that your scene will be seen only for a limited amount of time and therefore block will only hammer X times in the meanwhile. So maybe you can setup a "magazine" that holds those objects and your hammer only picks the top-most and then other objects in that magazine are moving one position up.

This is just a rough idea... Sorry, I did not have time to explore this idea fully.