Touch Move With Dynamic Physics

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by PunkPuffin, Oct 21, 2018.

1. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Hi,

I'm having trouble in BB3 Beta 3 trying to get a character to move. I'd like the character to be Dynamic so that gravity, hitting walls etc has an effect.

When I set the character to dynamic it doesn't move with user input. I was trying to use "Touch Move".

The character is a car based off the "Space Buggy" and for the life of me i can't get it to stop going through walls, react to gravity and move based on user input. Maybe it is a bug, maybe it is me :(

Can anyone tell me how to setup my character?

2. Ahmad Naamneh

Ahmad Naamneh Boxer

Did you figure out this issue? i have the same problem, i have a character should fall and move on Y axis responding to the gravity, in same time i have to be able to control the ball by "touch move" control node.
    I tried to change the psychics type to Kinematic, but the only change I got is Im now able to control the character on X axis only by touch move control.
    If you have a solution to assign "touch move" controller to a dynamic character please let me know.
    thanks

3. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

@Ahmad Naamneh Unfortunately I didn't get back to the game to try and crack the issue and I had no replies with a solution. If you work it out please let me know