Thought On Buildbox?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by raviawana59, Mar 16, 2021.

1. raviawana59

raviawana59 Boxer

I'm new to gave development made a few stuff in unreal and i like it so far, my friend showed me buildbox and it looks much easier and faster but at the same time games look cheap.

My goal is to make 2D games for phones, i don't care about price of BuildBox so don't take that into consideration.

2. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

The games looks cheap because of the devs not because of the engine.
    Because it is so easy to make games in Buildbox, there are a lot of beginners in the community that launch unfinished, unpolished and buggy games .
    Buildbox main focus is mobile games so expect flawless mobile exports and extremely fast and easy ways to monetise your game (ads, iapps) . There are lots of goods about Buildbox to discover and once you do, it will be pretty hard to switch to other engine without feeling like you downgraded or that you are wasting your valuable time on stuff that you shouldn't .
    Of course there are some bads as-well , some bugs, the team is small, the updates are always late.. but i'm sure they are constantly working on this and with time, things will improve. It seems like they care about their product and they are involved closely in the community to a point that sometimes it feels like a cult :D

Jaro likes this.
  3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

It's worth stopping at Buildbox. At the moment it has great potential and is still being developed. When it comes to the appearance of games, it is a matter of imagination and the skill of the creator. Just like any other engine.

wmfear likes this.
  4. raviawana59

raviawana59 Boxer

issue got solved!!

5. EpikArts

EpikArts Boxer

We are also partly new with Buildbox but it really depends on your imagination as we have experienced so far. Visual look is also dependant on your dijital art/design skills and the feeling you want to achieve in your games.