This Is Why Buildbox Is So Awesome

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by bentforktech, Sep 5, 2016.

1. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

My 5 year old has been working with Buildbox lately. She made a game. It is called Rawr's Flippy Flappy Fun. It is available on the iOS app store here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rawrs-flippy-flappy-fun/id1150934366?mt=8
    I helped with some of the tasks. But she made all the levels. Named the 37 flappy characters. And is ready for the next game.

Thanks @TreySmith for making software even a 5 year old can make a game. She had a blast doing it. Next one is a sticky jump game planned.

Feeling really proud of her right now.

Ishamahes and playsgames6666 like this.
  2. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Congrats to her!!! Game is worth to her age. She is the youngest bb developer I have seen. Cheers! :)

bentforktech likes this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Hope that kid gets her cut!!

Seriously though.. how freakin awesome... really ... how freakin awesome is that.. 5 year old game designer... ger her a copy of "The Art of Game Design" and kick this kid's career off right, you guys could read a page everyday or something... take it to officemax and have them cut the binder off and put it in spiral, it makes it much easier to study from... what a great story.. this is the pokemon commercial from the super bowl... "I can do that" ... "you can do that"...

bentforktech likes this.
  4. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

She loves doing this. I have a copy of the book coming for myself. So She will be able to use it. I helped a little when it came to importing the animated png files for the characters plus the output etc.. This is why I love BB. 3 of my kids are doing games. All games I would allow them to play.

Very proud moment for me. Press release heading out tomorrow to local news outlets and game review sites etc... Plus a game update in 2 days. She made a few more levels that add even more difficulty to them. She listened to her brothers feedback. Huge for a game designer I think.