The Root Progression Method Game

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by streetmusic, Nov 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. streetmusic

streetmusic Boxer

Hey all,
    I wanted to share what I have so far on one of the games I am working on. I was the personal assistant to Wynton Marsalis back in the 90's and have a lot of connections to New Orleans and the music world.
    I teach the Root Progression Method that was created by Dr. Alvin Batiste and thought it would be cool to make a learning game for people that wanted to learn music or have a practice companion.

Here is a short video:

My computer and quicktime screen recording is laggy so I will Include the BB document for anyone that would like to give what I have a test play.
    I am very happy so far and I got this first part done in a day with Buildbox.

Also I set it up that the computer keys trigger the notes...I am using a german keyboard so that is an issue I am not sure how to address for computers just yet.

My next step is to make it so the user has to playback what the game plays where the wrong notes are enemies in specific beats per minute. I could use somebodies help on how to exactly do that. I have watched all the tutorials but I haven't seen anything like that.

I used character buttons for the notes in menus UI.

The above video show how the app will work at its core. It#s going to have to update every week as there are infinite musical combinations but as soon as I figure the notes as enemies thing I already have 144.

Please let me know what you think...I am open to all suggestions and critiques.
    keyboardGuideRPM101.png
    Cheers

Also I have attached a zipped Version Of the Buildbox doc. I see the uploading percentage but don't see where is attached

2. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Pretty cool stuff :)

3. streetmusic

streetmusic Boxer

Hey wmfear and everyone else
    Thanks for your reply. Working on getting this done.

I really love this software and the forum community.
    I have to get this game functional by next week and I have watched all of the Buildbox tutorials and still not clear(though I got a lot of info on doing the other 2 games I designed, very happy, but the music game is the first to go big so I can do the others).

I have had let loads of people play with the preview version on my mac at live music gigs I am doing around, as well as people on the streets and EVERYBODY wants to know when they can get it for mobile. DJ's, MUsic stores, Music Software People, Electronic Musicians, Kids in Subways
    This is music making for everyone. Have 300 levels designed but need to make all work on a simple underlying base
    structure which I designed but cannot figure out to execute.

I NEED SOME ONE THAT KNOWS THIS PLATFORM TO AID ME IN RESOLVING HOW TO DO THE AFOREMENTIONED TASKS FOR THE USER TO PLAYBACK THE VARIOUS MODES...please see my first post on this thread...

I WILL PAY YOU MONEY AND GIVE YOU A CUT OF MY FIRST 2 AD contracts...They very like and want to play with before I sign with them..

This is going to be on ALL platforms..

PM me and let's talk
    Seriously

4. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Hope you’ll get some help with the project. I am sadly not very experienced, and still working out stuff on my first project...

5. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Not sure if this is what your looking for but just made a quick example