Taco Bell Indie Game Garage Program

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Jamie, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Hey everyone, I just discovered this contest and program that Taco Bell is sponsoring:
    https://www.indiegamegarage.com/#the-program
    Rules: https://www.indiegamegarage.com/official-rules.php
    It appears to close in just over a month or so, it is only open to US residents, and it has some stipulations about working with an "established video game publisher." If you are interested, my advice is to not assume that you are not eligible, and to email them specific questions about your eligibility.
    The Rules also say there will be 20 winners, each of whom earn a $500 credit to spend on Taco Bell and a slot in a forum about game development with experts from the field. That alone seems exciting (I am a bit of a Taco Bell fiend), but I imagine this opportunity would also come with media exposure for the winners and their games. I can't imagine that Taco Bell would not want to bring media exposure to this program and its winners...
    The Rules also mention things like a plot/storyline and appeal to the wider gamer community. I imagine they don't mean just mobile gamers. I imagine they mean "console experience" types of games with levels and plots and a clear ending, but I could be wrong. If you have had your game greenlit, I bet that would be a plus...
    I personally have a game concept that I would love to submit to this, but right now it is just a concept. I have been focusing on developing mobile-friendly versions of my games instead of building out the "console experience" version of my game concept. So, I may or may not submit something to this program. I am currently undecided, but I do see that it says "work in progress" is an acceptable entry.

2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

@Collin Wade Thiessen might consider emailing the email the program listed to inquire about the specifics regarding publisher-indie relations and eligibility: questions@indiegamegarage.com
    Man, if you are eligible... I am just imagining your kids faces if you end up being selected as a winner...

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

"each of whom earn a $500 credit to spend on Taco Bell"
    ...now if ever there was a reason NOT to enter ;)

Jamie likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

LOL
    I think it is more about the potential press, but that much Taco Bell is a lot (I would happily take it). Still, maybe Taco Bell should be offering a better prize. Their current prizes don't seem to beat out what working with a publisher might allow. Reconsidering...

5. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

I'd spend it all on cinnamon twists:rolleyes:

Collin Wade Thiessen and Jamie like this.
  6. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

It could still be worth it, so long as an entrant cannot be disqualified if they chose to publish their game via a publisher once they are ready to launch the game out of beta. That's a question I might email to the program

7. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

:( We live in Canada so we can't enter unfortunately. Back in the day we would drive down to Bellingham just for 7 layer burritos. Sloppy goodness.

Jamie likes this.