Switch Constantly Between Worlds (question Not As Dumb As You Might Think)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Benfont, Nov 10, 2016.

?

Did you think this was a dumb question before reading it, but then realise it was not that dumb?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I still think it is a dumb question to ask

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

Hi guys,

I want to make a restart button in the GAME OVER UI, that takes me to a different world after a certain amount of deaths have occured,

For example:
    Let's suppose we have a game that is an infinite runner, with just one world with multiple scenes and we would like to have a day mode and a night mode, so we duplicate that only world we currently have, and we add different sprites to this second world.
    So we would have one "Day" world with the brighter sprites and characters and backgrounds to simulate day light, and one "Night" world with exactly the same things except we replace the sprites for others with less exposure and different colours to simulate night light.

Supposing we start with the "Day" world, how can we make a restart button in the Game Over UI that take us to the "Night" world after let's say 20 deaths? or maybe after the player has collected a certain amount of coins, or maybe after the player has passed a certain number of scenes? And then, how can we make that restart button take us back to the "Day Mode" after we have played for a while in the "Night" world?

I hope I explained myself well enough,

Many thanks in advance!