Stupid Things!!!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by playsgames6666, Jan 3, 2017.

1. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

So i was wondering what stupid things you do when making games, that make you want to slap yourself.
    Something that causes a lot of time to fix or something just plain stupid.

Im stupid. today i had a few hours spare, so thought i would add a new image to my game as a decoration just for an effect.
    So my game so far has 20 worlds, 40 scenes in each world. and i placed my image in my first scene.
    Decided it looked okay, then copy and pasted it 6 times in each scene over 40 scenes over 20 worlds.
    Decided to run the game and see how it looked when playing, And BANG i collide with the image and stuck.
    Forgot to set the image to decoration before copy and pasting.
    Fun Fun Fun going through and redoing it all.

Christoph and blad300 like this.
  2. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Lol, Once I had made like 70 scenes and Then I realized something I had to do in start, but I didn't so everything got screwed. Luckily I backup before every major change, so I just deleted this one and used the backup. :) Phew!

Christoph and playsgames6666 like this.
  3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

yes, it also happened to me this two situations but the worst thing is when you focus on your game and keep building and designing new levels and suddenly bam bb crash and then you realise that you forgot to save the project then you will have to recreate everything you did from scratch.

playsgames6666, Christoph and Jaky1 like this.
  4. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  5. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

BB crashed on me several times, I got into the habit of saving every minute, even after a small change.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think this one is classic. It happened to me several times with backgrounds. The first time I was like: wtf!, why does the character not move anymore? or why does it immediately die???

playsgames6666 likes this.