Stories with Buildbox 2

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jamie, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Hey everyone,
    I really like the idea of telling stories with some of the games I plan to build.
    I have seen some games like Thomas Was Alone (not made with Buildbox, but perhaps could be) integrate narrativity in games with audio.
    I have also seen some games like @Collin Wade Thiessen's Darthy integrate narrativity with text or graphics that contain text.
    I know that BB1 and BB2 don't currently support localization of text in different languages, and that is ok, because a way around that is to make a game the way Darthy or Thomas Was Alone was made, such that you make a new version for each language.
    So, are there new features of Buildbox 2 that I am overlooking for enhancing storytelling in games?
    Is anyone currently working on a game with storytelling or character dialogue in it? Care to share how you are doing this?
    Cheers,
    Jamie

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I have a space shooter in the works that includes audio for story queues. The example i've posted doesn't necessarily facilitate the story per se, that is happening more in the beginning of the game and as certain mechanics are introduced... but you can hear it here...

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...e-in-development-video.2619/page-2#post-16188

Basically, I'm achieving this with an invisible powerup that has audio in the start slot.

Jamie likes this.
  3. David_Afana

David_Afana Boxer

@Jamie I donated a mobile marketing app for Apple, Android and Amazon (currently under development) to a children's book author for marketing of herself and her business in exchange for her financial donation to a local non-profit my business supports. She asked it I could possibly turn her published children's books into a story telling game app for young children and to also promote her books as well (in app advertising). I was wondering the same thing as you asked. Can a story telling game app using the BB platform create this type of app in BB 1.3.6 or BB 2.0? If you want to share ideas, please contact me.

Regards,
    David