Stop A Timer?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Arkadas, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Arkadas

Arkadas Boxer

Hey there folks! New to BB, but not to game development as I've been dabbling with different software for the past year and a half or so.
    So in my game I have a working countdown timer. When it gets to zero the game ends and you can restart. Works fine. I even have little coins to extend the time here and there to give the player hope. That works fine as well.

My issue comes from the finish line. I want the player to cross the finish line and have the timer stop immediately as I also have an action to advance the player to the next stage after a few seconds. Right now as I have it, if the player crosses the finish line with let's say 2 seconds left...it keeps counting down and restarts the player even though he crossed the line. The TIME UP screen displays before the action to advance to next stage takes effect. Any ideas? Anything will be much appreciated.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can add coins at the Finish Line, so that more seconds are added.

3. Arkadas

Arkadas Boxer

I was able to put in a work around. I just added another UI screen as soon as he crosses the finish line. It effectively disables the countdown timer. Thanks though!