...stop a "star" from respawning?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by heathclose, May 23, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

So if I collect a star (set up as a coin) and then die on that scene, when I hit replay, the star respawns... that sets up a star exploit... how can i stop this from happening... once the they finish the scene, the menu jump lands them on a checkpoint, so to go back they would have to reset the game and it wouldn't be worth it, but if they die... it's "stars for everyone!"... how can I put a stop to that?

2. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@heathclose Can the scene with the 'star' be in between two checkpoints - so that if you die before getting the star, you are taken back essentially two (or more scenes) to the last checkpoint, so it is a bit of a hassle to get back to the star?

Other option: a checkpoint immediately after the star would catch many off-guard (get the star on one side, enjoy the spoils on the other side) so they couldn't go back to exploit without resetting the game.

That's all i could come up with - I found no way to create a software option in BB1

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

thanks for spending brain power on this one...I'm sorry I failed to explain that the scenes take up the whole screen and are static until the player hits a menu jump, so like a stage clear game or like trapdoors or something like that, so the checkpoints are right where they enter the scene so that is the scene that loads on a continue... without scrolling, I'm not sure a checkpoint would be the way to go