Stickman Vs Computer

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by kodagames, Dec 6, 2015.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

"Stickman Vs Computer"

Your a stickman stuck in a computer. The computer has a virus and is trying to destroy you! I think the game is intense and fun to play.

I have submitted it to Google Play and the AppStore:
    Google Play (available Here)
    App Store (Waiting for review)

screen01.png
    screen02.png screen03.png screen04.png screen05.png screen06.png

Im hoping to get some feedback once they go live to see if there is interest in this type of game and to make the gameplay better from the feedback received from here (the forums or by email). Hope to update this tread soon! :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Depuuty, TheViseOne and ruhm64 like this.
  2. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

3. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

haha love this concept

4. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@thepappillon @Machine Rises
    Thank you!
    If you don't mind give it a try and let me know what you think (too difficult, too easy etc.. :)) Id love the feedback.
    Buildbox made it fun and possible to create :D

5. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

will do when out for ios

6. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Solid idea for a game! Controls are a little hard to work with but cool concept.

7. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises Thank You!

@mojpoj Greatly appreciated!
    The controls are a little difficult. I tried using the joystick but that was really bad. I also thought about making it an endless runner where the character runs automatically but then I think it would be impossible to complete levels. I'll continue to think of a better way with what BB has and of course if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Amazing forums!

8. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I was working on a similar style game. You could try, as a suggestion, drop a control button, make it a third of the screen and assign it left direction. Same with right, and then Jump in the middle third. I'm not a fan of the joystick when needing to go back and forth.

There are lots of options when working with controls. And it's tough building a game using a keyboard and mouse and trying to imagine how the controls will feel on a mobile device. BB needs a true "save to apk" feature, or a "send to phone" menu option. Maybe 2.0?

9. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

ahah! cool idea... Windows is a great playground (sarcasm intended) to create such a game ;)

10. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@mojpoj
    I placed large invisible control buttons behind the ones you see on screen and it really did help a lot but its still a little finicky... I greatly appreciate the advice :D

@netkomm
    Im so glad you like it! Thank you and I agree (using a mac right now).

I'm working right now on changing the game play to an infinite runner style and it seems to be working quite well (a bunch of levels complete) many more to go (minimal sleep until I push out an update out :)) I think or hope everyone will really like the newer version seems to be much more user friendly.

I hope to have a progress update soon I'll let everyone know when I update the android version (top priority).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  11. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Ok, so its finally available on the Appstore but I seriously need to make some changes with the controls and just noticed when the app is downloaded it shows up as PZPlayer which also needs to be fixed. So plenty of work still to do but time is not my friend and in hine sight at the 300 ft level I shouldn't have released it until these things were complete but lessons are being learned and I'll put out an update asap and strive to make the next one better and complete before rushing into release (growing pains) ;)

Oh.. the link CLICK HERE

playsgames6666 likes this.
  12. thiendvm

thiendvm Boxer

nice concept :3

13. TheViseOne

TheViseOne Boxer

Looks awesome

14. David D

David D Boxer

Very interesting and cool concept. Tweeking controls and sizing should help, but overall very nice!

15. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Thank You very much! Its my first buildbox game and I look to forward to doing more interesting things (much different than the rest) with this software :D

16. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

Hey, are these based on the youtube videos of stickmen? Ive seen these with my kids, there great episodes.

17. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Hi @pfg215, Yes, but I got the idea from seeing Animator vs Animation :) I love the videos and thought it would be cool to make a game somewhat similar but its very difficult to capture whats in the videos with the functionality of buildbox so I did what I could with what I had :)
    Hopefully if time permits and as buildbox gets more awesomer than it already is I'll be able to improve upon the game play.

pfg215 likes this.