Stick To Edge For Ui Items Not Working Correctly In Bb3 Beta?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Jollydo, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

What i want:
    Settings: Screen Adjustment: Default
    Pause button in the UI on the top right (1020 pixels height) and the score top left. Both are set to Stick To Edge.

Somehow when i preview the game in BB and choose the iPad 1024 x 768 preview, the UI button are not in the screen anymore.
    When i preview the game in BB and choose the iPhone 4 960 x 640 preview, the UI button are agains the top border.

It seems like the Stick to Edge is not working as it should. It is not "sticking". It is not auto moving the UI items according to the device height. I never had this problem in BB2. Is this a BB3 Beta bug, or has this something to do with how BB3 is working now?

Anyone has an idea how to have the UI items always on the same height on all devices (x pixels from top), AND have the main game settings set to: Screen Adjustment: Default?

Thanks,
    Martijn

2. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

Anyone?

3. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@Jollydo yeah I think it's a bug as it seems to ignore the stick to edge. I've experienced the same issue items off the top of the screen on iPad. I mentioned it in an email to Sean a few days ago, but not yet had a reply.

I'd also like to know how you can add the stick to edge property to an object. e.g. I want to add it to my progression bar.

4. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

Thanks a lot for the reply @steve . I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Fingers crossed it will be fixed in the near future.

And YES, there must be an option to set any UI item like a progressbar to Stick-to-edge. Maybe a UI node otherwise?

5. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@Jollydo Sean has replied to say buttons should be working fine with stick to edge, which is not what I'm seeing in my game. For me buttons, images and text all seem to ignore the stick to edge. I'll send my bbdoc file in over the weekend for them to have a look at. Probably worthwhile you doing the same.

6. Clayton Tonna

Clayton Tonna Boxer

Any updates on this? I'm experiencing the same issue.

7. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

Don't use the Default screen adjustment, use Auto.