Stack and align scenes together

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by taimoorjavaid45, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@heathclose What are you trying to do? If you're trying to have random scenes as well as scenes play in order, here's what I did for one of my games. Move all of your random scenes to the end of your project. Then select Align Scenes. Then take your random scenes and manually enter the Start and End distances to match the scene you want to appear randomly. Does that make sense?

JustWatchApps likes this.
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Looking at my last screenshot, did I do what your suggesting? I put all the repeatables at the end, then gave them all a -1 ending like was suggested, but that does nothing..

3. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

Because your length of the scene is smaller than the timeline bar.

Taimoormalik8 likes this.
  4. heathclose

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 9.37.11 AM.png

so this is the screenshot @Taimoor Javaid refered to.. I had to delete some posts I made where I thought I had figured it out but they were just misinformation... this doesn't work... it seems like a random mess, some scenes are repeating before I even get to the stacked scenes, the one right before the stacked scene always repeats twice... and then it stopped... I don't know what's happening...

Can anyone actually explain how to achieve this? With all the information given so far in this thread, I still do not know how to do this properly so that it actually works...I'm not sure if I'm experiencing bugs or not...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Hey dude @heathclose
    Align your project and then >> EG:
    1. Start 0-500
    2. Scene 1 - 500 - 1000
    Randoms:
    Start Distance: 1000 / End Distance = -1 Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 20.29.30.png Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 20.29.37.png Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 20.29.43.png
    There's a BBdoc V1.3.6 attached - hope this helps :)

Attached Files:

Maylock, Mr Goodcat and Jamie like this.
  6. heathclose

First let me say thank you very much for doing the legwork to help me out... i really appreciate it...

so.... you don't have to have any kind of overlap for this to work? not in bb2 either? I see the game you made playing perfectly forever random... but I thought I tried that without the overlap thing a few posts ago and it didn't work...

Kevin W likes this.
  7. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

No problem man, on the few occasions I get over to these boards I always see you being super helpful and going out your way to help others, kudos dude!
    I'm not sure about BB2 as I don't that ( YET!! ) but that method has always worked for me without issue and if that file is working for you, then all is well :) Good luck with your game.

8. Laurence

Laurence Boxer

Hey @heathclose. Did you manage to figure this one out eventually? I'm trying something similar and still not entirely sure if this really works.

Mr Goodcat likes this.
  9. ironlion37

ironlion37 Boxer

This is a really old thread but I have what I hope is a relevant question. In the attached image, I'm trying to achieve the effect of having a series of looped scenes. So, for example it goes from start to playing scenes 1, 2 and 3 randomly, then when scene 3 is hit it plays into scenes 4,5,6 which are then loading randomly. And through this process, when it finally get to the last scene, I want it to loop back into the beginning series of loops...

Attached Files:

10. ironlion37

ironlion37 Boxer

Arggh! This image upload really confuses me. This is the image I'm referencing.

Attached Files:

11. ironlion37

ironlion37 Boxer

Turns out this doesn't work at all. Can't seem have groups of random scenes that funnel into other ones.

12. Soulxoi

Soulxoi Boxer

i dont see this anywhere, how did you open this section