Square Stacker Character Direction

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by dima.shev, Mar 15, 2017.

1. dima.shev

dima.shev Boxer

Hey guys had a technical questions that maybe someone here knows the answer to. Im making a Square Stacker type of game, and am using an airplane for my character. How do I get the airplane to change direction once it starts going left? I know that transform only works on objects, and I tried adding to the animations in the advance movement parts of the character properties...but the character just ended up falling down for some reason. If anyone knows the answer or can figure this out, please let me know. Thanks

2. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

Try changing the "Scale" X to -1 in the advanced animation image and you'll be able to look the other way.

3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I haven't tried this, so just thinking out loud, but I guess you could make your character invisible underneath an "airplane object", so the airplane (which you've now attached to your character), just becomes a visual which you can control via transform logic and have it turn around - left, then right etc and the invisible character underneath does the dropping of your stacked item as you you the screen. Might work!!

dima.shev likes this.
  4. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

5. dima.shev

dima.shev Boxer

That makes so much sense!!!!!!!!! Thanks for thinking outside the box for me Appreciate it a lot!!!

Phill Mason likes this.