Spotlight effect?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ajcoryat, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I have no particular game idea in mind for this but, how was the spotlight effect that follows the character achieved in games like Darthy? I think it is pretty cool.
    Can it be isolated to just one scene or does it have to go through the entire game once set?
    @Collin Wade Thiessen
    Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 6.55.37 PM.png

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  2. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

gameplay action / set checkpoint done with art ;) then tweak tweak tweak happy holidays

ajcoryat and Rebel Studios like this.
  3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Its pretty easy its not a big secret collin
    As collin said its just a matter of art you just need to make a pretty big square with a small transparent hall in the middle if you have basic illustrator/photoshop skill (gradient) you can achieve that drop the image as decoration object link it to your character as parent and child then voila you have your thing but still you need some tweaking to match it with your gameplay. have a good day

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    ajcoryat likes this.
  4. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Thanks guys!

5. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

@wesambadr Your tone is kinda condescending my friend and I was just answering his question. 10 ways to do the the same thing but I didn't use connections/links as unfortunately that way you can not change the art to lighter or darker when needed in a scene.

Happy Holidays all

6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i'm sorry @Collin Wade Thiessen i didnt mean to offend you i just was trying to help that's all we are here to help each other about the problem we face and there nothing to share tactics and tricks that we discovered while playing with BB.
    Also your game has many secret i was trying to analyse it but still have no clue hhhh.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015