Splitting Exports That Are Too Big For App Stores

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mrcarson, May 18, 2018.

1. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

I tried uploading my first test to Google Play and realized that they have a cap of 100MB, whereas my APK is currently setting at 170MB, with everything optimized and not even close to having everything added.

It looks like there is quite a bit of coding you have to do using Android Studio in order to split this up, which requires me to hire a developer.

I was wondering if Buildbox was looking into adding a feature where you can split the export files if the main game file is too big for the app store(s).

Thanks a lot, it's very much appreciated.

2. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hello, you have found the solution?
    thank you for answering me i need to know if you have find, i have same problem as you

3. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Kind of; I couldn't find a way to easily split the app, but I found a good way to super optimize the atlas files.

After exporting an app, all of the atlas files are all stored in the same folder. The location is different depending on what app store you're exporting to, but if you look through the folders, you should be able to find it.

I optimized the files using Tiny PNG, which removes about 80% of the image size, while not affecting the quality.

I then downloaded the optimized files, replaced the old unoptimized versions, and it made my game plenty small enough to put on the app store.

Hope this helps.

Bllaaa likes this.
  4. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

merci pour votre réponse c'est très gentil de votre part,
    Je vais essayer ce que tu m'as vu indiquer (f) :)
    :)

5. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

thank you for your answer it's very nice of you,
    I'll try what you saw me indicate (f) :)

6. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

Hello ,
    as we have almost the same problem, I optimize the images as you have indicated and then I get you back for that because your answer my help a lot, I have another question with optimization I find myself with 34 alteses sizes do not depace the 750x750 max, is that going to be a problem for me on smartphones?

7. mohsen

mohsen Boxer

Hey friend
    Does your game have in-app payments?