Sound Effect - Scene Transition (checkpoint Sounds Not Working)

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Forgive, May 20, 2019.

1. Forgive

Forgive Boxer

Hi everyone,
    I want to add sound effect when character passes to the next level. How can I do this?

I am using set - next checkpoints to pass new level. I added sound as Idle, Start & End in set & next checkpoints but not working correctly. Sound is not playing if I put like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the other hand,
    I have one world & 14 scenes. If I add sound to world UI. It plays when character passes to next level BUT It also plays when character is killed because when character is killed, scene is restarting. Besides, If I add sound to world UI other sounds not working, stopping anyway.

[​IMG]

As a result,
    Where should I put my sound effect? How can I solve this problem? Maybe I should add new object(near next checkpoint) and advanced move sound for character(BUT it is tedious for now - I have 14 set & next checkpoints).

What do you think?Any easier solution?

2. Forgive

Forgive Boxer

24 Views, any answer?

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Your images aren't showing. So that's probably why. Trying to trigger sound is super complex in BB2 so you need to make sure that your sound clip is short to prevent overlap. Its been so long since I've used bb2. If I can remember, I made a game object and placed the sound file in it. This only needs to be a small 32x32 image or something.

Stretch it so it covers the part where you character passes through it, set it as an enemy with no destroy on it. Set the wake up distance to 0 I think, so the character must pass through it - again you will really need to play with the settings here to get what you want.

In the wake up sound, drop your clip in there and test.