smart watch support

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by wesam_badr, Jan 31, 2016.

1. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

when buildbox will have to support apple watch and other smart watches specially for simple games and that exactly what BuildBox is designed to do. that is going to be a plus for BB games dev what do you think?

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

OMG, hopefully never! :)

I can't imagine having to wait and wait and wait for an app to load (I have the watch so I do experience it) and moreover I don't think games like those we can create on BB can have any success on that platform...

Reason: we play using our finger on the display... how to have a look at what's going on? I would rather focus on the Apple TV and (hopefully) XBox / PS4 platforms (a secret dream...)

trudnai likes this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

+1, Watch is not designed to hold heavy apps. For most games Watch is just a companion, for example in turn basis games it tells you this is your turn, or you had been defeated or some other event happened. You may can write a dead simple game like tic-tac-toe that will not drain battery down in 2 minutes play but for that better to use Xcode and Swift.

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i understand all your worries i know that wouldn't be compatible even to say almost all BUILDBOX games still buggy and lag in good devices i can imagine what is going to happened in watches / after all it was a suggestion.

5. alienflaky

alienflaky Boxer

TheGameAppStudio likes this.