Slingshot In 2d Mode.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Rares Zirbo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rares Zirbo

Rares Zirbo Boxer

So i've been trying to make the Slingshot asset work when in 2D mode and for some reason it just won't work. Is there any way i can modify the code to make it work in 2D mode in bb3 ? Or is there any way of making a slingshot mechanic in bb2 ? There is a game that is using it, it is called Dash Valley on IOS .
    Any help would be much appreciated !

Thanks!

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Why would you want it in 2d? Have you tried to adjust the camera position in 3d mode so it sits with a top down view of the pool table? You may need to adjust the scaling of the table etc to fit the camera angle.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

What ive done is load the POOL template. Open up the character and edit the javascript code towards the bottom which controls height and distance speed. Position your cam how you want it and blamo.

4. Rares Zirbo

Rares Zirbo Boxer

So just to make myself clear, whenever i change the camera to 2D, the touch and move command doesn't work properly, i managed to tweak it a little and make it kinda work, but it is still broken. Why i want to use this in 2D on the X and Y axis is because i need gravity , if i use the camera like it is on the pool template , i can't use the gravity as a game mechanic, the ball won't come back down.
    OneHitGamer, what exactly did you change, because i played with it sooo much but for some reason i cannot make the ball go up in a 2D scene, just left and right and even that is kinda broken.

Thanks guys for the replies !

5. dariusebastian

dariusebastian Boxer

Hello!
    Did u solve the problem?
    Cause i am struggling to find a solution too ; without any result ....