Single Tap To Move The Player Vertically Left And Right Of The Wall

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Gogeta, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Gogeta

Gogeta Boxer

i am new to build box... i am doing a game similar to ninjump. i am facing problem with the player control. i started using zigzag control. but when using this i need the player to go from left to right wall with a single tap.. then the player continues to run along the right wall until a tap a made. in this case when the user repeatedly taps the screen the player is able to move in the middle of the screen. how to avoid that and only allow player to move from left to right with tap and right to left with tap and stop in between movement. can anyone help me

2. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

I'm sure there are many ways to do this. Maybe start by trouble shooting with settings.
    Start in this case to disable gravity (Click on world | gravity: 0 - 0

3. Gogeta

Gogeta Boxer

My gravity are already 0-0 and tried changing the other values. My game control is something similar to NinJump.

4. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Did you try Main menu/Buttons/Switch button?

Gogeta likes this.
  5. Gogeta

Gogeta Boxer

Did you mean the forced switch button!. I even tried that in that the character switches to the next side on with the multiple times. And that dint solve my problem the character still moves in the centre.

6. Gogeta

Gogeta Boxer

The game as similar movements to the glitch but i dont want the player to move in the centre. Glitch game tutorial -

7. Gogeta

Gogeta Boxer

The zigzag control is OK but when double tap or continuous tap is made the player moves in the middle. how to get rid of it. the player must move in one direction until he touches the wall, then when the tap is made he has to move in other direction.

8. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

In advanced mode check "activate on release" and/or play around with timeout.

9. Gogeta

Gogeta Boxer

is there anyone in the forum who can help me with the control

10. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Try to increase the speed value so it can travel very fast from wall to wall and it will somehow difficult to travel in air.