Show a 'Best Score' Game Over UI

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Roberto P, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Roberto P

Roberto P Boxer

Hi guys,

I'm trying to redirect the player to a special Game Over UI when they achieve a high score, by doing the following:
    1. I've added an Event Observer to my regular Game Over UI to detect if the player has achieved a Best Score, using 'Best Distance' as the Event Type (my game uses Distance as the score).
    2. I've then wired this up to a Best Score UI in the Game Mind Map.
    3. I've deleted the amount in Session Total as this shouldn't be used - my understanding is that the trigger should be the player beating their best score in this session - it shouldn't be compared to a number in this field
    event-observer.png
    Unfortunately, the Best Score UI always gets shown, whether or not the player achieves a high score in the session.

Am I using this function correctly - in which case there is a bug - or am I misunderstanding the way it's to be used?

Thanks for any help,
    Roberto

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think there needs to be a value in the session total field. So if your best distance is equal or better than 100 (for example) it will go to the other menu. If it is less than 100 then not.

A event observer that compares if the new score is better than the last best score would be awesome though and would do exactly what you want. I also would be interested in this feature. Have you written to support?

3. covmon

covmon Boxer

Yeah event observer seems completely broken. The "best score" doesn't actually check for a new best score. The "session points" and "total points" don't seem to do anything...Please buildbox fix the event observer so it's actually useful.