Shameless Game Promotion Facebook Group

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Jamie, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Jamie is alive!!!
    Cool that you still keep managing this site. I probably have to subscribe as well... :p

But in all honesty, members are not everything. What you need is a site with active members. Actually, looking at the wall it's quit depressing. 5 posts of different games per day (which is cool) but nobody really cares. It rather seems to represent how we all are going to get lost with our games in the vast sea of publishing. We all want attention but nobody gets heard.

Hmmmm... lets do a test. I will subscribe and post my Trump game. And let's bet: I say, I won't get any downloads at all. Even worse, I won't get a like for the post nor anybody will comment.

So my question is: what are your strategies to make the site useful for the developers/members? Can anything be done at all?

Jamie likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

I am alive! I'm working on a branded game series. I work full time, and I am a PhD student, so I am at a tortoise's pace at building out games that fit what I want to do with my branded game series... I should have something later this fall...
    Be careful with how you determine the value of groups or certain kinds of exposure. It is not always about a direct connection between that person and them being an active user of your game. There's a world of possibilities in between. For example, if you start a facebook page for your company, and then you post your video trailer there, and then you share it from there to groups, you might increase chances of how that video gets seen outside of facebook groups (in facebook news feeds) by first getting it seen inside facebook groups to get the number of views up. I am not sure how recent changes or future changes to Facebook algorithms change this, but it is worth trying.
    No harm in building out a large group on Facebook from scratch. It has been roughly 8 months and averaged 100 new members each month, and is now surpassing that avg this month. All those 10,000 or 50,000 member groups on Facebook had to have a start. This is this particular group's start and progress so far...

Christoph likes this.
  5. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

6. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

We broke the 1,000 member mark !!!

7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Which raises the question: Does it work? Do you see increased number of downloads?

PS: I have joined but still not clear to me if this is only a Facebook page or there is a cross promotion members voluntarily place in their apps?

8. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

RE: Does it work - depends on what your intentions are. Are # of downloads the only relevant standard? See the thread above, such as in the conversation with Christoph.
    It's a facebook group. That's it.

9. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer