Setting A Set Score In The Beggining Like 30+ One More Question

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Feb 6, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I would like to set a score for my levels like 10 or 30 so as the player reduces the number to 0 it will jump to the next level. Like in the game "Pop The Lock". To tell the truth I am planning to make my version of pop the lock with different graphics. So I would make it level based with challenges.

I thought about adding an action at the beggining which will immedietly get in collision with the player to give 10 scores. But as a logic still 0 is the starting point thinking it might now work. Also I will need to create different set of action for each level with different scores. I think in scoring wise I can set it like -1 so it reduces it. But I am wondering if there is a practical way to set the score to a certain number at the beggining.

Also I have another game in progress which is in the logic of Jump Tower where the character goes up by jumping but when I add a background image the image seems to shift to right when the player goes up. I set the game direction to -90 which I think is correct but why the background is moving right that I don't understand. When I add the background as image I can't get the same parallax feel like I set background image. I would appreciate the help.

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @volcank, I've just read your post and this is a thinking out loud response. Do you only need 1 unlock per scene? If so, you could simply add a text to show the amount of unlocks. Then on your final level you could have an action coin that awards the user an invisible 30 points so your score on your End UI can show then their score of 30 unlocks - hope that makes sense?

eg: on scene 01, show 30 unlocks with simple text label. On scene 02 show 29 unlocks to go and so on. Of course if you have more than 1 unlock per scene, then this method won't work.

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Phill Thank you for the help. Sorry I should have share a gameplay example actually. Here is what I want to emulate check the video. I am using lock star template for this.

Btw the way I did it reverse for the time being. I just set a logic inside game play for example the player needs to reach score of 10 but added a user text just next to score like "/10" so it starts with 0/10 so the user knows he needs to reach up to 10 to unlock next scene. So as the player scores a point 0 rises up to 10 and then the player progress to the next level.

Thank you.

Phill Mason likes this.
  4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Great job @volcank, I did something similar with my character collecting 5 people - same as you "/5" text and so on, works well visually. BB could do with a complete scoring system overhaul as there are many things folks are trying to achieve with the scoring that I think was not considered when BB1x/BB2x was released. More brains on the case now :)

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Haha that is good! It could be a lot easier on our side if this feature was added to Buildbox like setting the score at start.I really wish new things will come up when Buildbox 3.0 is released. I really hope for an easier Rewarded video implementation. For now it seems Problematic I was checking the forums especially by @Christoph he has really created a great tutorial but I only don't understand why we have to go through all that to just show a rewarded video by Heyzap. I personally would only like to use Unity or Applovin I really don't like mediation.

Btw I have used that logic of /10 in an old game of mine which I created with construct2. The game is old so don't expect too much. It is my second game.

https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/super-penguin-rescue-free/id967084981?mt=8

Btw I created the shark and penguins hope you like them. And the sound of shark is my voice LOL! :)