Set Up Extra Characters/skins To Be Purchased With In Game Currency

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by calvacharles, Jul 14, 2016.

1. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

Hey BB community,

Could someone help me get in the right track to be able to set up the store in the game and be able to buy skins for my character with in game currency?

Issues are:

-How to set up the purchase mechanism
    -How to reduce the amount of collected in game currency after each purchase
    -Is every new skin treated as a new character?

Thanks for the help and best of luck with all your projects!

2. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

@Christoph

Any suggestions for this?

Highly Appreciated :)

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I suggest you go through the manual and watch all the tutorials. I think everything you asked for is covered. There are even more tutorials on Youtube. And yes, every skin is like a new character. This means you can have both: just change the skin or make a complete new character with new characteristics. Like a fat guy which is heavier and a skinny guy which can jump higher... :D To set up a store just drag a character selector to a menu of your choice and go from there. It's pretty straight forward.

calvacharles and tanvir8955 like this.
  4. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

I don't know if Im too slow but I have gone through the manual and the videos and I could not figure it out from there, so far I have been able to create a character button and a purchase button with in game currency but I have not been able to get it work and replace the character when staring the game, also it resets whenever I run the game again

5. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

Also in the video tutorials (Multiple Character Selector), the character selector button appears (as in the example) under a list labelled controls under Labels in the game over screen; however, I have not been able to even find this "controls" anywhere on my BB2 version 2.2.2, has this been changed since the videos where made or where could I find it?

Thanks for your help & best of luck with your projects

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Multiple Unlock
    This used to be called Character Selector. This shows a carousel as you add more characters so you will never run out of space. Place this on a screen and resize till you are happy with it. These options are available:
    • Name: internal name for your reference only. Appears on the layout area.
    • Position(x,y): location on screen.
    • Rotation: the angle the button is on.
    • Scale(x,y): how the image is scaled.
    • Opacity: how transparent the button is.
    • Label Visibilty: tick to display the label.
    • Label Vertical Spacing: how much space between Character and label.
    • Label Name: Which of your defined fonts to use.
    • Unlock Button: a PNG dropbox for what to show as an overlay for a locked character.
    • Unlock Yes: mp3 dropbox for selection when the character is unlocked
    • Unlock No: mp3 dropbox for attempted selection when character is still locked.
    • Random Unlock: Image to show if randomly unlocked.
    • Spread: what is the space between characters to show.
    Page 70 from the manual. :D

calvacharles likes this.
  7. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

I have figured out how to set up the Multiple unlock, add the image icons for a character and set up an unlock button. I even tested exchanging characters and that went well. But when I haven't been able to link the purchase button with in game currency to unlock the character. :(

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You don't need an additional unlock button. It's already included in the character selector. Actually, you have two options:
    1. Unlock Button: This one appears all the time and can be clicked succesfully when you have enough coins.
    2. Random Unlock: This one only appears once you have enough coins to unlock the character

To set up how much a character costs go to each individual character/Monetization. There select Purchase Method: In Game Currency and Price: whatever you want. To show how much coins you have in the UI set up a label with total coins.

9. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

so then to display the actual required in game currency for a character I just place an image under it? Or how does that work?

10. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

I got it! thanks a lot for the help and patience!

Christoph likes this.
  11. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

and can i sell powerups and even checkpoints in store? is it possible with bb 2?