Score Points Per Platform

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mxstudios, Sep 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

All,

So I am going to keep asking questions, since I know the answers will be valuable for others in the future as well. You guys have already figured out how to do much of this and have already experienced the pain.

Thanks again for all the help!

I am trying to figure out first of all why my score is not changing at all. I have a portrait game where each jump up attaches the character to the platform above.

One choice I assume is to just use 140 as my multiplier since each platform is 140 pixels above the previous. But the score doesn't change.

The other thing is how would I just simply assign a score value to each platform they land on and increase the score?

Thanks again!

2. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

Ok,
    So I solved it by creating an action that rewards one point, and then pasting it into the animation for the platform. Love that trick!
    I could not get the score based on how many pixels to work though. I don't really understand that one. Does it use the X or Y? Or am I completely misunderstanding?

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

score multiplier is the setting you want to mess to adjust the amount / speed of distance based scoring...

be sure to have a label in your game's UI to show the score and be sure it is set to distance...

If you've done both, I don't know why you wouldn't see a change...

and it calculates on game direction

4. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

@heathclose, that's what I thought. When setting to distance, it apparently doesn't change the score until the screen starts to scroll and follow the character. So for start scene it doesn't work until I hit the frame end.

I got it to work once the screen scrolls by using .007 as the multiplier which is 1 point for every 140 pixels.

Thanks!