Scene Dead Space

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Selasu, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

Hey everyone, so I'm having issues with scene positioning on the screen. I have the standard start scene and that displays correctly. And then i have subsequent scenes which i switch to when the level finishes. These scenes after the "start scene" have an unusual black dead space at the bottom of the scene when the scene appears. Each scene has a scene distance of 2000, and I've made sure the Start/End distance between scenes do not overlap... I've tried hundreds of iterations of scene and still have the same issue.

The backgrounds for both scenes are 640x2000, which means the width is sized correctly for an iPhone 5 screen, which is what I'm testing on. Are the decoration background images too tall? That wouldn't make sense because the start scene is displaying correctly... I don't know I've been stuck on this for ages... I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Any pointers in the right direction or any fixes would be very much appreciated. :)

Attached Files:

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Well the black dead space is the 1000 gap you have in the time line editor, between the start scene and scene 1.
    But I'm not sure exactly how to fix, with what your trying to do, Maybe @heathclose has a solution.

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

change background orientation rotate it to fit the game play direction

4. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

@playsgames6666 If i eliminate the gap, as seen in the image below, i still get the dead space, but instead it's filled up by the previous scene.

Attached Files:

5. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

@wesam_badr The background isn't a "background" it's just objects set as "decoration". So it doesn't really matter in what orientation it is in, does it?

6. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Um, i see.
    Maybe you need to use different worlds for different color backgrounds.

7. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

@Andy any idea? This seems like a bug to me. Sometimes there's dead space sometimes not, under the same circumstances.

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

that very well may be... but you can avoid any and all graphical scene alignment issues with just a menu jump and your next "scene" being the start scene of the next world... I never use scene to scene "jumping", I always go world to world, using the start scene as the level...

playsgames6666 likes this.
  10. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

Okay @Andy thanks, will do. @heathclose for some reason i thought you could only add a maximum of 10 worlds! But I just tried out manually adding a bunch of worlds and that worked. I think I might go with that solution like you said just to avoid any issues of alignment. Big thanks!

11. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

The only problem now is that I'm struggling/I don't know if it's possible to do a Menu Jump from world to world as a Rewarded Video.

So when a user is stuck on a world, on the game over screen they can choose to watch a Video Ad and skip to the next world. I was able to do this before using checkpoints since i was using scenes, but now im using worlds this isn't working :/ Any ideas on this one?