Save Me Feature

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sysads, Mar 7, 2016.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I was wondering if its possible to implement a save me feature.

- Basically in my level based game, I have set checkpoints at beginning of each levels.
    - In my game over screen, I have a button set to Restart Checkpoint, so when the xter dies and you click the button, it restarts from that level where xter died.

Because I do not have banner ads in game, I want to implement some form of income. So was wondering how one can implement a save me button so when xter dies, you have like 3 free save me to use to restart from checkpoint and afterwards you need to buy more save me or watch video to earn more save me, else you click the button to start from beginning.

Is this possible?

2. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@sysads Wouldn't you set this up similar to 'continues'? You can give them a quantity (if you like) have them pay for additional (watch a video for example) and even set a refill time before they can get more.

sysads and heathclose like this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

There's a video floating around on powerup buttons... That explains how to do a continue for like .99 cents with an urgency timer... I'm on my phone or I would find it for you... do a search for

Never mind I found it hope this helps...

sysads and JustWatchApps like this.
  4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks guys, will check it out

5. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hi,

I am having an odd issue: did some set checkpoint actions in some scenes of my level. IF i press Restart checkpoint id does not restart it from last check point but from next one every time.

So i have set checkpoint 1, 2 and 3.

1. If i collect 1 and die until 2 and press Restart Checkpoint it restarts from Checkpoint 2, so ahead of checkpoint 1 as it should.
    2. If i collect 2 and die until 3 and press Restart Checkpoint it restarts from Checkpoint 4, so ahead of checkpoint 2 as it should.

Any thoughts why this? or is s bug as well?
    John