Save Game Progress

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Nov 24, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

I am trying to make my gameplay like in the game "Phases" I am making scenes in 1 world only setting up checkpoints at the start of each scene. I can make the player continue the game by using action restart checkpoint from that particular scene which is cool. But when I test it in my ipad seems it is not saving the progress so it restarts all over again. Is there a way which:

1-The player progresses from one scene to another seamlessly (without changing worlds) So I put like a sign at the beggining of each scene saying like 1/50 or 2/50 kind of thing.
    2-When the player turns off the game and opens it again next day and starts the game he/she will be able to continue from where he/she left off.

Thank You

2. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

I think in this case you need to set a checkpoint at the beginning of each scene. That way when the player hits the set checkpoint it is automatically saved.

You can then have 2 buttons on the home screen like continue game and start new game.

The continue game will be Restart Checkpoint and the start new game will just be start from the beginning.

Im pretty sure this will work :)

blad300 likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes it worked!!! Thank You! I was doing it wrong actually. I was using Restart Checkpoint instead of Start Checkpoint. So it worked! Now it saves the progress I also tested in my device. restart Checkpoint wasn't loading the previous game session if I quit the game totally! Which is nice so we have 2 options for checkpoints!