Save Game Progress In Static Stage-clear Type Of Game?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Lobsters, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

Is there any way to do this with checkpoints or any other type of method without using multiple worlds?

I've been banging my head against the wall for 2 days trying to work this out.

In my scenes i have a Set Checkpoint action directly under the character when the scene loads. Once the user has collected 5 points the event observer in the game UI takes you to a level complete screen. Once there i have a lock button with Destination 'Next Scene'. I've also tried an Action button with Next Checkpoint.

I export and test on my device... I get to say level 3 then close down the game, reopen it and it starts at level 1 again! I dont understand.

Can you even save game progress with static level games where distance is not a factor? Do i need to upgrade to the $99 subscription so i can use menu jump with multiple worlds?

Praaaytogod and Kanonji like this.
  2. Bllaaa

Bllaaa Boxer

+1 for me, it's a really good question.
    Please, somebody help us ^^

Kanonji likes this.
  3. Kanonji

Kanonji Boxer

I am new to BB myself but i think i found a way to do it. Use a locked button with "destination" set to scene, "world" set to your world, then you can set "scene" to the scene you want to go to. You can use this to go to specific scenes in a world. But remember to also put an unlock logic on the same UI as the locked button to unlock the locked button.

Hope this helped.

Satya likes this.
  4. Satya

Satya Boxer

@Kanonji - I see how your solution works. Its a life saver. I am trying to accomplish the following:
    • Have a World Jumper type of game where each scene is a new level ( in the same world)
    • I want to user to progress from one scene to the next (in linear fashion) for example: Start Scene 1 Scene 2 ...
    • Now if user stops at say Scene 2 , i want the user to start Scene 2 the next time he launches the game (without having to Tap on Scene 2 button on Main Menu)
    • Basically save the Scene progress & start user automatically where he last left off
    Can the above the accomplished without having Multiple worlds as I am on a Build Box Subscription plan which has a maximum of 3 worlds

5. Kanonji

Kanonji Boxer

You can use checkpoints to save the users position at the start of every scene and then from the main menu set navigation button to "Start Checkpoint" and that should take you to the last "level" the player was on.

If you find it difficult to set up checkpoints, there are loads of tutorials online.

6. Satya

Satya Boxer

@Kanonji -Thanks a ton for the update, i figured it out :) , it works using "Start Checkpoint"

7. Satya

Satya Boxer

@Kanonji - I see that the Start Checkpoint holds the scene progress as long as the app is active in the background for iOS. If you remove the app from background (by double tapping the home button & Swiping up the app screen) & relauch the app then the players progress is lost.

Is there a way to keep the players progress even though he removes the app from the background?
    Satya

AdilAijaz likes this.
  8. AdilAijaz

AdilAijaz Boxer

I need the same fix ! someone reply!

9. moein

moein Boxer

same issue here on android and IOS