Rotating Objects Around Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Jeff Wong, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Boxer

Hi!
    I was wondering if there is a way to create objects that rotate around the character.

I've tried connecting the objects to the character, and a button that causes the character to rotate creates the effect I want. However, I don't want the player to be able to keep pressing the rotate button, as it continues to speed up the rotation every time it is pressed. Is there a way to create a button that can only be pressed once?

Alternatively, is there a way to set a permanent rotation velocity on the character? This is currently available for objects, but not for the character itself.

One more thing I have tried is creating a dummy object underneath the character, and linking it to the character itself and giving it a rotation velocity. Then I linked the rotating objects to the dummy object. Unfortunately it seems like objects connected to the character are not able to rotate at all.

Any input on this would be awesome!
    Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

3. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Boxer

That worked exactly as I needed!
    Thanks so much for that mate. Much appreciated!

jigglybean likes this.
  4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Yah that's a great vid... I'm using that... did @GTE Games make that vid?

5. Mouath93

Mouath93 Boxer

I am looking to make a circle (Object) rotate when pressing (Holding) on the screen (and angular velocity increasing proportionally with the time of holding).

As well as, when i am holding rotating press, i need to press another button simultaneously to make another action (Jumping), (if allowed?)

Thanks for supporting :)
    Best Regards

More info

when i start the game and after putting the angular velocity to 60 it keeps turning automatically,

But just like the attached picture, what i need is to make this circle to turn manually, (when holding on the screen to make it turn)

Attached Files: